Here is what you need to know.
1. *China threatens to cut off trade talks, pressuring stocks.* "If there is no real concrete action by the United States, it will be meaningless for you to come and.. Business Insider - Published
American Airlines pilots will test Boeing's 737 MAX software fix on simulators this weekend. According to Reuters, this is a key step in restoring confidence in the jet after two fatal crashes. In the..
Boeing said it needs extra time - likely a few more weeks - to complete a software fix for its 737 MAX jets. The news comes weeks after a fatal airline crash in Ethiopia -- the second in six months of..
Boeing revealed the software fixes it plans for the grounded 737 MAX, the type of aircraft involved in two fatal crashes in five months, but the Federal Aviation Administration is not yet on board with..
Mike Sinnett, vice president of airline programs for Boeing, extends sympathies to the families who lost loved ones in the Ethiopian Airlines crash before unveiling a software fix to the 737 MAX. Rough..
SEATTLE/KIGALI (Reuters) - Boeing Co will provide airlines that have bought the 737 MAX with free software upgrades, the U.S. manufacturer said on Monday, as Ethiopian Airlines told Reuters it expected..
Teams from the three U.S. airlines that own 737 MAX jets were heading to the Boeing factory in Renton, Washington, to review a software upgrade on Saturday, even as Southwest Airlines began parking its..
Boeing Co said on Thursday it had completed a software update for its 737 MAX jets, which have been grounded worldwide since March after they were involved in two fatal crashes. The planemaker said it.. Newsmax - Published Also reported by •SeekingAlpha
U.S. aviation regulators were directly involved in approving the flight-control system implicated in two fatal crashes on Boeing Co.'s 737 Max, even though some aspects of the approval were delegated.. Newsmax - Published
Boeing chief executive Dennis Muilenburg said Thursday company test pilots have already flown 96 flights totaling 159 hours with an updated software fix installed on the 737 MAX, and will soon also.. Seattle Times - Published
Boeing, the American aircraft maker of the 737 Max 8 planes involved in two fatal crashes in a five-month period, is hustling to salvage its reputation so passengers and air carriers will fly on those.. Mashable - Published
Samsung's ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner can apparently be fooled by using a 3D-printed fingerprint.
If you have the phone owner's fingerprint and access to fairly inexpensive 3D.. Mashable - Published
New information on a deadly plane crash in Ethiopia may undermine Boeing's claims about a suspect piece of software on its new 737 Max jets. Reports say the Ethiopian Airlines pilots turned off the.. CBS News - Published
Last week, Boeing said software fixes for its troubled 737 Max airplanes were finished and ready to go. But now the company says more time is needed to make sure the fixes are done right. NPR - Published
It's going to be a long while before the FAA officially approves Boeing's 737 Max software update. The regulator said it expected the update to arrive in the "coming weeks," as Boeing needed extra time.. engadget - Published
The Federal Aviation Administration on Monday said that the Boeing Co. needs more time to finish up its software enhancements for the troubled 737 MAX. The FAA said that it expects Boeing’s (NYSE:.. bizjournals - Published
Authorities in Ethiopia are preparing prepare to release preliminary findings on the cause of the crash of an Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 MAX 8 jet that killed all 157 people on board. NPR - Published
· *Boeing is nearly finished with a software update for its 737 Max aircraft, The Seattle Times reports.*
· *Airlines are reportedly able to order the update, which Boeing will give to them.. Business Insider - Published
Boeing said Monday it has finalized the proposed software update for its 737 MAX flight control system and has invited airlines to order it even before it’s formally approved by the Federal Aviation.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Boeing is facing its worst crisis in years after two of its 737 Max planes crashed within five months.*
· *As the plane remains grounded in most of the world, some airlines are beginning to.. Business Insider - Published
Boeing Co. will mandate a previously optional cockpit warning light as part of a forthcoming software update to the 737 MAX fleet that was grounded in the wake of two fatal crashes, two officials.. Newsmax - Published
· *Boeing's CEO responded to growing questions about its 737 Max plane on Monday. *
· *In an open letter to passengers and airlines, Dennis Muilenburg said the hotly awaited software update.. Business Insider - Published
· *An American Airlines flight from San Francisco to New York City was diverted to Chicago because its bathrooms were unusable, the flight-tracking website Flightradar24 first reported.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· *Southwest Airlines will face greater logistical challenges following the grounding of Boeing 737 Max aircraft than United Airlines and American Airlines, said Henry Harteveldt, the founder of the.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Seattle Times presented internal safety analysis of the 737 Max's MCAS software to Boeing and the FAA four days before the plane's second fatal crash in five months.*
· *According to the.. Business Insider - Published
Service Max, a software division of GE Digital, and Zinc, a San Francisco-based communications company, have reached a deal which creates a platform to allow company workers in the field to communicate.. Proactive Investors - Published