Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Friday.
1. *Mark Zuckerberg says Chris Hughes' suggestion of breaking up Facebook would actually "make it a lot harder" to solve election.. Business Insider - Published
A bombshell Motherboard report reveals that employees across several departments at Snapchat can view user location information, saved Snaps, phone numbers and email address through a tool known as.. engadget - Published
(Originally aired April 30, 2019) Break away from your everyday with Aundrea Self! Today, we look at paid caregivers. And we take a gander at therapy robots. And finally we check out an adulting class..
Last week a 16-year-old was found in the back of a U-Haul close to us here in Central Kentucky. The Derby will be this coming Saturday, May 4th, and events like this every year is a way for women and..
· Multiple Snap employees improperly accessed user information through internal tools, giving them the ability to spy on individuals using the video and messaging service, according to a Motherboard.. Business Insider - Published
The United States Senate today voted almost unanimously to approve an anti-robocalling bill that would cut down on the number of illegal robocalls that people receive.
The TRACED Act (Telephone.. MacRumours.com - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times
Some employees of Snap have access to internal tools that allow them to access Snapchat user data and have in the past abused those tools to spy on Snapchat users, reports Motherboard.
According to.. MacRumours.com - Published
A security researcher discovered a flaw in Instagram's website that left user contact information exposed for months, potentially allowing nefarious actors to create databases containing the phone.. AppleInsider - Published
· *You can use the Continuity features in iOS to make and receive phone calls on your iPad via your iPhone.*
· *Setting up the ability to make calls on your iPad is easy and takes just a few.. Business Insider - Published
A database that contained contact information for millions of Instagram influencers, celebrities, and brand accounts was recently leaked online, reports TechCrunch.
The database, which was hosted by.. MacRumours.com - Published
A database containing contact information for millions of Instagram influencers was reportedly found online, exposing info like phone numbers and email addresses for celebrities, influencers and brand.. engadget - Published
· *Instagram influencers and celebrities numbering in the millions had their private contact info left exposed on a database, TechCrunch reports.*
· *The database was compiled by an India-based.. Business Insider - Published
· *Google Duo is a simple video chat app published by Google. *
· *There are versions available for both iPhone and Android, so you can chat regardless of what kind of phone the other party.. Business Insider - Published
· *China operates a nationwide blacklist that contains the names and personal information of people who have been ordered by the courts to pay back money, also known as "laolai."*
· *Some local.. Business Insider - Published
We've reached the point where we're running out of 11-digit phone numbers. Japan plans to release 10-billion 14-digit numbers by 2021, in response to concerns that the country may run out of its.. engadget - Published
Donald Trump wants you to know that he totally understands your online struggle.
The 45th President of the United States is famous for complaining about the perceived censoring of conservatives on.. Mashable - Published
We've all been there by now: Phone numbers similar to your own call you multiple times a day, only to reveal themselves as scam operations. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) knows that.. Mashable - Published
· Apple's three more recent iPhones are the iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
· The iPhone XR costs $250 less to start compared to the iPhone XS, but that doesn't mean it's inferior.
· The.. Business Insider - Published
· We give a lot of our data to companies like Facebook, Google, and Microsoft. But we don't always know how well that data is protected.
· Data breaches like Collection #1 or attacks like the.. Business Insider - Published
American law enforcement just took down a significant SIM hijacking ring. Federal agents have charged nine men with wire fraud and identity theft charges for participating in The Community, a group.. engadget - Published
· *Text messages (and other notifications) that pop up on your iPhone's screen even when it's locked can be read by anyone within eyesight of your phone, revealing your personal communications.*
· *.. Business Insider - Published
A massive SMS spamming operation kicked out tens of millions of text messages, pestering unsuspecting recipients with links to fake sites flogging loans and free money. The operation was simple but.. TechCrunch - Published
A whole bunch of cool and useful new features are coming to Google Lens.
At this year's I/O developer conference, Aparna Chennapragada, Google's vice president of and general manager for Camera and.. Mashable - Published
Your phone rings once, and the caller leaves no message. Thinking you missed a call, you call the number back.
Someone answers or maybe you get a recording. You stay on the phone listening to the.. SFGate - Published
The four major wireless telecommunication companies in the U.S. have just been hit with massive class action lawsuit.
The suit [INS: claims :INS] that AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile all.. Mashable - Published
Google is combining several technologies including virtual phone numbers, audio transcriptions, automated reporting and analytics, in a new effort to help small business owners better manage their.. TechCrunch - Published
The NSA spying program could soon come to an end — if the White House listens to the NSA’s recommendation.
According to the [INS: Wall Street Journal :INS], the National Security Agency is.. Mashable - Published
· It's possible for some Amazon employees tasked with listening to Alexa commands to access a customer's home address, says a new report from Bloomberg.
· Workers with access to an Alexa user's.. Business Insider - Published
Earlier this month, Bloomberg shared details on the thousands of employees that Amazon employs around the world to listen to voice recordings captured in the homes of Amazon Echo owners when the Alexa.. MacRumours.com - Published
MCALLEN, Texas (AP) — Authorities say U.S. Border Patrol agents found a 3-year-old boy alone in a field, and that he was likely left by smugglers at the southern border. U.S. Customs and Border.. Seattle Times - Published
Calls from bogus Apple support representatives are on the rise. Scam-artists are using Apple's name, and spoofing phone numbers, in order to phish for personal details from customers. There are.. AppleInsider - Published
Introducing Document and Image Merging, AAMVA ID Recognition, Redaction, and Business Card Recognition API's.
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (PRWEB) April 16, 2019
LEAD Technologies has released an update to.. PRWeb - Published
If you’ve ever had a voicemail appear out of nowhere, there’s a good chance Stratics Networks was involved. The Toronto-based company is the self-proclaimed inventor of “ringless voicemails,”.. TechCrunch - Published
· *Uber has filed to public. *
· *In its prospectus made public for the first time Thursday, the company warned cyber attacks could affect its future business. *
· *In 2017, the company.. Business Insider - Published
Solar physicist Dr. Willie Soon debunked Canada’s climate catastrophe claims behind the very unpopular carbon tax by showing and explaining how the sun drives climate change, not carbon dioxide (CO2).. PRWeb - Published
WhatsApp today announced another protection for users in an effort to clamp down on the spread of fake news and misinformation. Through a new feature, users can control who has permission to add them.. TechCrunch - Published
*In the news release, "GeneNews Announces Fourth Quarter 2018 Results and Year End Investor Call", issued April 2, 2019 by GeneNews Limited over Accesswire, we are advised by the company that the time.. Accesswire - Published
· *Google Voice is a free and easy-to-use online service designed to consolidate several phones.*
· *A single Google Voice number will ring through to all of your different devices and.. Business Insider - Published
· Phone scams are as big a problem now as they ever were — and some of the most devious scams are growing in popularity.
· Number “spoofing” technology and robocalling have only made these.. Business Insider - Published
Mountain Top Data CEO Sky Cassidy says US companies will prepare to invest in cloud solutions to increase their efficiency and security, but they should know the pitfalls and difficulties before they.. PRWeb - Published
*SYCAMORE, IL / ACCESSWIRE / March 29, 2019 /* Braden Counseling Center in Sycamore, Illinois, has announced the hiring of two new employees. A representative for the counseling center states that the.. Accesswire - Published