As we get set for a new trading week, albeit with the US out on holiday in honour of Martin Luther King Jr. Day., there are a few noteworthy headlines in the weekend press including, *U.S. government.. FXstreet.com - Published
According to Reuters, British Prime Minister Theresa May sought to break a parliamentary deadlock over Brexit.
Prime Minister May's Plan B focuses on seeking concessions from the European Union, which..
According to Reuters, Prime Minister Theresa May's government hangs in the balance of a parliamentary vote.
On Jan. 15th, British lawmakers are scheduled to vote on the withdrawal agreement negotiated..
According to Reuters, the European Union is preparing a document for British Prime Minister Theresa May.
The document will provide assurances for Prime Minister May to present to the Parliament, which..
NPR's Mary Louise Kelly speaks with writer Paul Mason, a Labour Party supporter, about what happens next with Brexit after British Prime Minister Theresa May survived a no confidence vote Wednesday. NPR - Published
Following yesterday's humiliating defeat where PM May lost the 'meaningful vote' on her Brexit plan by a record margin of 432 to 202, the opposition party, Labour, and its leader, Jeremy.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/USD is sideways following a tremendous, albeit, suspect, comeback rally following Prime Minister May's impressive defeating Brexit deal vote which triggered the opposition party to table a.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at ING explain that the GBP strengthened yesterday as FX market found a silver-lining in spite of the staggering scale of the loss and the Labour party triggering a no-confidence vote.
*Key.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *EUR/USD charted bearish outside candle yesterday, courtesy of Brexit vote and ECB's dovish turn.*
· *The candlestick pattern signals the continuation of the sell-off from the recent high of.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/USD has steadied on the 1.27 handle on the back of the meaningful vote results that came out as 202 432 in favour of the '**No's**. *
· *The focus is on the scale of this defeat and whether.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *British pound tumbles against the dollar in the minutes before crucial UK parliament vote on Brexit deal.*
· *Prime Minister May is widely expected to suffer a crushing, and possibly.. Business Insider - Published
Bill Diviney, senior economist at ABN AMRO, points out that the UK Parliament is due to vote on Prime Minister May’s Brexit deal this evening (sometime between 20:00-22:00 CET) and in spite of.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at Danske Bank point out that rumours and speculation before the vote on UK Prime Minister May’s Brexit deal suggests that she is facing an uphill battle.
“Market and.. FXstreet.com - Published
A major turnaround in the risk sentiment was witnessed in Tuesday’s Asian trading after the confidence across the financial markets was bolstered by the Chinese stimulus measures to spur growth. The.. FXstreet.com - Published
Reuters recently reported that all 40 economists polled by them expected the British Parliament to vote down Prime Minister May's Brexit deal on Tuesday while adding that respondents eventually.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at ABN AMRO points out that in a new development in UK politics, opposition Labour Party leader Jeremy Corbyn today called for a General Election to resolve the parliamentary impasse over.. FXstreet.com - Published
A no-deal Brexit would cause GDP (gross domestic product) to shrink by up to 8 percent and put thousands of jobs at risk, according to the Confederation of British Industry's (CBI) head Carolyn.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Private bankers at Credit Suisse have reportedly told ultra wealthy clients to accelerate moving assets out of the UK by January. *
· *A lack of clarity around Brexit could cause "turmoil" ahead.. Business Insider - Published
Risk sentiment remained softer in Tuesday’s Asian trading session, propping up the safe-haven demand for the Yen versus its American counterpart that knocked-off USD/JPY to the 112.50 level, despite.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Ahead of the BoE this week, the U.K.’s FTSE 100 declined 0.8% to 6,790.16 after ending last week on a positive note, higher by 1%.*
· *GBP/USD softer as PM May gives a statement to House of.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/USD is currently trading at 1.2605, slightly weighed as Theresa May gives **a statement** to House of Commons on the December European Council summit. *
· *The pound has traveled within a.. FXstreet.com - Published
The risk sentiment in Asia took a hit and worsened further following the release of downbeat Chinese retail sales and industrial production, which intensified China slowdown fears. Across the fx board,.. FXstreet.com - Published
The UK PM May’s confidence vote win combined with the increased odds of a US-China trade deal lifted the risk-sentiment across the financial markets in Thursday’s Asian trading. The Asian equity.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *EUR/GBP has been pressured higher by a handful of pips from 0.8975 to 0.9026 on the official result of PM May's no-confidence vote where she won a strong vote in favour of her staying in No.10.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *AUD/USD has extended its correction, piercing the confluence of the 100-D SMA and 200-4hr SMA with a view of to challenge the 23.6% fibo of the 2018 downtrend.*
· *Market fears subside a little.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *With the Brexit deal's parliamentary vote officially delayed, PM May now has to survive an onslaught of no-confidence letters.*
· *May's spokesman said that the delay could last up to six weeks,.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/USD is under pressure, and bullish attempts are faded.*
· *Merkel told May a deal could not be renegotiated and that Brexit Lawmakers in UK PM May's party have sent 48 letters enough to.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Euro holds to gains against Pound on the back of Brexit developments. *
· *UK May postponed the Parliamentary vote, will return to Brussels. *
The EUR/GBP pair rose sharply for the.. FXstreet.com - Published
Facing a very real chance that her Brexit deal will be rejected in a House of Commons vote on Tuesday, embattled U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May said the country is in "uncharted waters" and warned.. FOXNews.com - Published
· *Both JPMorgan and Nomura now see the prospect of staying in the EU as having around a 40% chance.*
· *This week has seen the European Court of Justice say that the UK should be able to.. Business Insider - Published
The North Irish party that props up British Prime Minister May's government may vote against her Brexit divorce deal in a key vote in parliament next week, according to one its lawmakers.
"My party.. FXstreet.com - Published
*Please support CNSNews today! [a 501(c)(3) non-profit production of the Media Research Center]*
Or, book travel through MRC’s Travel Discounts Program! MRC receives a rebate.. CNSNews.com - Published
European leaders met on Sunday to approve UK Prime Minister May's Brexit deal after a year and a half of negotiations. It will face stiff opposition in the British Parliament from the Labor Party,.. Christian Science Monitor - Published
· *Adrian Paul, a European economist at Goldman Sachs says Prime Minister May's Brexit deal will ultimately achieve parliamentary approval.*
· *Paul's view that the deal will be ratified by.. Business Insider - Published
According to Reuters, the leader of the Northern Irish party DUP, Arlene Foster, argued that it wasn't correct to assume that the only choice was between British Prime Minister May's deal and a.. FXstreet.com - Published
"The leaked draft of the UK-EU political declaration sent the pound soaring on Thursday morning, but what is still not clear is if this document will help secure the critical votes Prime Minister May.. FXstreet.com - Published
Today, Bank of England Governor Mark Carney spoke to the UK Parliament’s Treasury Committee and was joined by Chief Economist Andy Haldane, deputy governor Jon Cunliffe and policy maker Michael.. FXstreet.com - Published
"The recent resignation of UK Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab has seen GBP reverse sharply lower, after some prior positivity regarding the UK-EU Withdrawal Agreement," note HSBC analysts.
*Key.. FXstreet.com - Published