Analysts at ANZ New Zealand Bank Limited explained they key themes for currencies today.
"The UK appears to be inching closer to achieving a Brexit deal. A draft deal has been.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
According to Reuters, European Council President Donald Tusk said a Brexit compromise is still possible.
Tusk made his remarks after British Prime Minister Theresa May said negotiations had reached an..
According to Reuters, the Pound sank after Prime iMister Theresa May Brexit talks have stalled.
The British pound tumbled 1.5 percent on Friday and headed for its biggest daily drop this year against..
· *The EU's chief Brexit negotiator Barnier says main elements of Brexit treat text are ready.*
· *British pound gathers strength on this news.*
· *US Dollar Index continues to float above.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Brian Martin, Senior International Economist at ANZ, suggests that expectations of the EU and UK reaching a Withdrawal Agreement rose recently and ANZ has put the probability of a deal at 70%.
*Key.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *The British Pound is feeling the pull of gravity on Telegraph report.*
· *The GBP/USD is back below 1.30, having hit a high of 1.3023 earlier today.*
The British Pound is witnessing a solid.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *The GBP picks up an early bid on Brexit optimism*
· *Early gains were short-lived as a deal is far from certain, according to the Irish Times.*
The GBP/JPY gapped higher in early Asian on.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
The research team at Deutsche Bank notes that Sterling saw steep intraday moves yesterday, as investors were encouraged by reports that the EU will offer Prime Minister May a UK-wide customs union.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at Deutsche Bank point out that yesterday, the British Pound had its worst day in a month, dropping around -0.85% versus the dollar as Brexit negotiations continued and Prime Minister May.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/USD is closing on trendline connecting the Aug. 15 low and Oct. 4 low. A close below that would embolden the bears.*
· *The Brexit** impasse is hurting the British Pound. The UK Prime.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
At the EU summit in Brussels, Prime Minister May suggested the UK could remain in the EU's trade bloc months after Brexit. The prolonged delay over finalizing the deal has been met with skepticism.. Credit: Christian Science Monitor - Published
Below are key takeaways from the statement delivered by President Donald Tusk after the European Council meetings on 17 and 18 October 2018.
· EU27 confirmed that we want to continue the talks in a.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at Deutsche Bank notes that on Brexit, German Chancellor Merkel said that “the opportunity to conclude a good, sustainable agreement in a timely fashion remains” while adding Germany.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
British foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt recently crossed the wires saying that he does not agree with the view that Prime Minister May's Chequers plan is dead.
*Key quotes (via Reuters)*
·.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at Rabobank point out that following a disastrous summit last week in Salzburg, when her Chequers deal was firmly rejected by European leaders, UK Prime Minister May convened her cabinet.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Hard-Brexit concerns weigh on the pound sterling on Friday.*
· *UK PM May says no deal is better than a bad deal.*
· *EUR/GBP remains on track to close the week in green.*
After spending the.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Markets are keeping one foot in safe havens as the US launches another volley of China tariffs.*
· *With the UK calendar empty until Wednesday, Brexit is the meaningful data point for traders.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited explained the latest from overnight political headlines in the European realm.
"Brexit headlines weighed on GBP overnight, with UK.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at ING Bank explained that between now and March 2019, there are essentially two things that need to happen in terms of Brexit.
*Key Quotes: *
"Firstly, and most importantly both sides.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published