· *Markets are keeping one foot in safe havens as the US launches another volley of China tariffs.*
· *With the UK calendar empty until Wednesday, Brexit is the meaningful data point for traders.. FXstreet.com
Analysts at ING Bank explained that between now and March 2019, there are essentially two things that need to happen in terms of Brexit.
*Key Quotes: *
"Firstly, and most importantly both sides.. FXstreet.com
"We think parliament will approve the deal with relatively few roadblocks," argue ING analysts.
"In addition to raising the odds of 'no deal', attaching tricky amendments could also.. FXstreet.com
British Prime Minister Theresa May on Thursday became the first UK leader to visit Kenya in 30 years, bringing security and development funding to East Africa's commercial hub and neighboring Somalia.. FOXNews.com Also reported by •Seattle Times
Analysts at ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited noted that markets await central bank meetings over the coming week while the US manufacturing data were upbeat, despite trade developments and Euro area.. FXstreet.com
Analysts at ANZ offered a snapshot of global markets.
"US equities gained overnight alongside a higher USD, while yields were little changed. Oil found some stability, and gold fell.. FXstreet.com
Analysts at ANZ noted that the UK Prime Minister May narrowly survived a fresh revolt over Brexit overnight, highlighting the fragility of UK politics.
"May's Government narrowly won.. FXstreet.com
U.S. President Donald Trump's former adviser Steve Bannon believes now is the time for Boris Johnson to challenge British Prime Minister Theresa May for her job, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reported.. Newsmax
· *Brexit continues to vex GBP bulls, and headlines have driven the GBP/USD steadily lower for the week.*
· *With a thin calendar on the docket for Friday, traders have to face broader markets.. FXstreet.com
· *Sterling is exposing its weak points as Brexit continues to drag on GBP buyers.*
· *Tuesday brings the UK's first-ever GDP monthly reading, and market reaction could get wonky.*
The GBP/USD.. FXstreet.com
Analysts at Danske Bank suggest that the focus today will continue to be on the ongoing turmoil involving UK Prime Minister May and her cabinet.
*“Also, for the first time, we will.. FXstreet.com
Following the resignation of U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson amid controversy over Prime Minster Theresa May's Brexit strategy, there has been speculation that the Prime Minister could be in.. Mediaite