Reuters reports that British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt said on Thursday the government was confident parliament would back a Brexit deal agreed by Prime Minister Theresa May and the European Union...
A decade after people took to the streets to welcome democracy to the Maldives, an Indian Ocean archipelago, voters head to the polls on Sunday in what has become a referendum on whether democracy will.. FOXNews.com Also reported by •New Zealand Herald •Seattle Times
By Manuel Almeida*
The brittle Brexit process is entering a critical phase. This week’s informal European Council meeting in Salzburg — a gathering of all EU leaders except the UK’s — will.. Eurasia Review
By Martin Dimitrov
The Bulgarian Prime Minister has dismissed the proposed declaration of his own cabinet to back Hungary in its quarrel with the EU – while also criticizing Viktor Orban’s.. Eurasia Review
Dublin, Ireland, Sep 20, 2018 / 04:06 pm (CNA/EWTN News).- Most physicians in the Republic of Ireland are unwilling to perform abortions despite the repeal of an amendment which legally protected the.. CNA
by Simon Baxendale -
Yes – another week goes by, and there’s more stories about the UK’s forthcoming exit from the European Union. The removal from the EU is fairly unique in that a.. One News Page Staff
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece’s foreign minister says he’s confident a preliminary deal to rename neighboring Macedonia will be fully ratified despite opposition in both countries. Nikos Kotzias.. Seattle Times
· *Forex today was seeing further appreciation in the high betas and antipodeans while the CNH motored on leaving the greenback out to dry off. *
· *The mood may switch up as we head towards next.. FXstreet.com
· *Ireland's Varadkar says they are not **close** to a deal than they were in March.*
· *UK PM May and Brexit Secretary Raab voice their opposition against a second referendum.*
· *US Dollar.. FXstreet.com
· *EUR/GBP bears need cable to hold in there and to clutch to UK CPI data. *
· *Brexit headlines have weighed on sterling with eyes on a break and hold above the 10-D SMA in the cross.*
Additional comments from British Prime Minister Theresa May continue to cross the wires with key quotes, via Reuters, found below.
· Calls on labour leadership to rule out second referendum, stop.. FXstreet.com
British Prime Minister There May is now delivering her below-seen remarks as she arrives at the Salzburg summit.
*Key quotes (via Reuters)*
· Will talk to fellow EU leaders about Chequers.. FXstreet.com
Dublin, Ireland, Sep 19, 2018 / 11:00 am (CNA).- The Eighth Amendment to the Irish Constitution, which provided legal protection for the unborn, was officially repealed Sept. 18. The repeal was enacted.. CNA
· *EUR/GBP: traders tug of war over UK CPI data/fundamental economics and geopolitics with the Brexit saga.*
· *EUR/GBP supported at the 100-D SMA and EUR/USD bulls guarding a key fib retracement.. FXstreet.com
The Kremlin’s annexation of Crimea violated post-Soviet agreements Russia signed establishing the sovereignty and borders of Ukraine. The international community recognized the annexation of Crimea.. Polygraph.info
Reuters is reporting the key quotes from British Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab's recently published statement.
· Will not hold a second referendum.
· Asks opposition labour party to clarify their.. FXstreet.com
SKOPJE, Macedonia (AP) — Macedonia’s constitutional court has rejected two bids to declare illegal and unconstitutional the upcoming referendum on renaming the country “North Macedonia.” The.. Seattle Times
· *UK Treasury Minister says there could be another Brexit referendum.*
· *Inflation in the UK surprises to the upside in August.*
· *Comin up: ECB's Draghi is scheduled to deliver a speech at 13.. FXstreet.com