· Cyber Monday online sales hit $7.9 billion this year, up 19.3% from 2017.
· While Cyber Monday set American online shopping records, it was far less than Alibaba's Singles Day sales — even.. Business Insider - Published
· As the American holiday shopping season kicks off, the shadow of Alibaba's Singles Day still looms large.
· More Americans than ever shopped on Alibaba's Singles Day. They spent $1.82 billion,.. Business Insider - Published
Sales of the iPhone XR picked up in China during the country's "Singles Day" retail event, Jun Zhang from Rosenblatt Securities claims, but the boost isn't enough to prevent the analyst from further.. AppleInsider - Published
· *JD.com beat profit estimates, but missed on sales.*
· *Its quarterly revenue growth was the slowest since it went public in 2014, in the wake of China's slowing economic growth.*
· *Shares.. Business Insider - Published
According to Arjen van Dijkhuizen, Senior Economist at ABN AMRO, China’s recent data point to a further gradual weakening of momentum, but there are signs that policy easing is starting to kick.. FXstreet.com - Published
Arjen van Dijkhuizen, Senior Economist at ABN AMRO, explains that China’s recent data point to a further gradual weakening of momentum, but there are signs that policy easing is starting to kick.. FXstreet.com - Published
· The relationship between the US and China is rocky right now, and one major area of competition is in the tech sector.
· BlackRock provides recommendations for how investors can profit from.. Business Insider - Published
Chinese consumers were quick to adopt digital payments, and a recent shopping binge showed they are ready for another leap: biometric payments. On November 11, Alibaba wrapped up Singles’ Day – the.. TechCrunch - Published
· *Alibaba made e-commerce history on Sunday, recording $30.8 billion in sales in 24 hours at the its Singles Day celebration.*
· *But the annual growth rate dropped from 39% to 27%, the smallest.. Business Insider - Published
· Alibaba's Singles' Day is a massive, 24-hour shopping extravaganza unlike anything else in the world.
· This year, the event kicked off with a four-hour gala featuring countless celebrities,.. Business Insider - Published
An annual "Singles Day" sales event held by China's search giant Alibaba racked up record-breaking sales, countering the idea that consumer sales in China are weak. But more importantly to Apple.. AppleInsider - Published
Apple Inc's (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhones were the top selling mobile brand during the 24-hour annual Single's Day shopping event in China held by e-commerce conglomerate Alibaba (NYSE:BABA), a report by CNBC.. Proactive Investors - Published
Here is what you need to know.
*Saudi Arabia vows to cut oil production. *West Texas Intermediate crude oil gained as much as 1.8% to $61.28 a barrel early Monday after the Saudi oil minister,.. Business Insider - Published
Alibaba may have pioneered the concept of Singles’ Day, the world’s largest shopping day based on sales, but it very much not the only e-commerce giant involved. JD.com, Alibaba’s biggest rival.. TechCrunch - Published
Chinese internet giant Alibaba is fond of crowing about its online shopping records, and that's truer than ever this year. The company's annual Global Shopping Festival, aka Singles Day, broke last.. engadget - Published
The e-commerce behemoth clocked in sales of $30.8 billion in the 24-hour span that began at 12 a.m. Sunday, with consumers snapping up bargains despite China’s slowing economic growth. Wall Street Journal - Published
Never underestimate the power of single people buying themselves stuff.
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba reported its highest individual sales day ever on Singles Day, an informal holiday.. Mashable - Published
Alibaba scored another blockbuster Singles’ Day after customers around the world shopped in stores and online on the tenth edition of its November 11 shopping festival. That puts this year’s gross.. TechCrunch - Published