· *Consumer sentiment fell in March, with particular uncertainty apparent on the employment front.*
· *The gap between the number of respondents who thought jobs were plentiful and those who thought.. Business Insider - Published
The US-China trade tensions and the resulting fears of a slowdown in China's economy are "receding a bit", the CEO of Standard Chartered reportedly said while speaking at an investment conference in.. FXstreet.com - Published
In 2017's new tax reform law, the GOP promised big savings for everyday Americans. But according to Reuters, only one in five U.S. taxpayers expect to pay less income tax this year. This is going to be..
Only one in five U.S. taxpayers expect to pay less income tax this year as a result of the tax reform law passed in 2017 by Republicans who promised big savings for everyday Americans, according to a..
The jobs report fell short of expectations, to put it lightly. TheStreet's Bradley Keoun reported that the slow growth was in part due to the fading stimulus from President Donald Trump's tax cuts, a..
China sought to shore up its slowing economy through billions of dollars in planned tax cuts and infrastructure spending, with economic growth at its weakest in almost 30 years due to weaker domestic..
Tax season is in full swing and early 2019 filers are already noticing a significant decrease in refund amounts due to the 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. According to the IRS, the average refund amount of..
WASHINGTON — The nation’s business economists foresee a sharp slowdown in U.S. economic growth over the next two years, in sharp contrast to the Trump administration’s predictions that growth.. SFGate - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com
Stocks, bond yields fall sharply as growth worries spread
NEW YORK (AP) — Wall Street was roiled Friday by new signs that global economic growth is slowing. The jitters triggered a sell-off.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· The US budget deficit hit $234 billion in the month of February, up 8.7% compared to the same month last year.
· The February budget deficit was also the highest one-month deficit on record,.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Friday that he will nominate Stephen Moore, a conservative economic analyst, to fill a vacancy on the Federal Reserve's seven-member board.
Moore.. SeattlePI.com - Published
One of the many goals of US tax reform implemented by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 ("The Act") was to incentivize large multi-national enterprises that were perceived to be storing profits Mondaq - Published
Taxes can seem complicated and cumbersome, but if you're nervous about doing your taxes for the first time, we've got you covered. Here are some tips to help you get started.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) March.. PRWeb - Published
Internal Revenue Code Section 162, as amended by the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), provides that no deduction is allowed for any amount paid to, or at the direction of, a governmental entity Mondaq - Published
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Shares of FedEx fell in after-hours trading after the package-delivery giant reported lower profit.
Chairman and CEO Fred Smith said Tuesday the results were below.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· JPMorgan highlights a "rolling bear market" in cross-asset volatility, which it says represents a series of major mispricings in the market.
· The firm finds that cross-asset price swings are more.. Business Insider - Published
· *President Trump's closest economic advisors are predicting a long term boom in the US economy as a direct result of his policies, a forecast wildly out of sync with most economists.*
· *The.. Business Insider - Published
· Mike Wilson, the chief US equity strategist at Morgan Stanley, has been calling for a corporate earnings recession all year.
· While stocks stayed resilient during the last S&P 500 earnings.. Business Insider - Published
Contrary to the views of most economists, the Trump administration expects the U.S. economy to keep booming over the next decade on the strength of further tax cuts, reduced regulation and improvements.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
Howard Schultz, who is worth an estimated $3.5 billion, told an interviewer that he doesn't like being called a billionaire. These days, he prefers “a person of means” because billionaires have.. Denver Post - Published
· *Consumer sentiment rose more than expected to 97.8 in the first half of March.*
· *Increasing optimism was concentrated among lower- and middle-class households.*
· *The gains come after.. Business Insider - Published
· Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin testified in front of the House Ways and Means Committee on Thursday.
· Mnuchin was asked about various aspects of the tax reform bill crafted by President Donald.. Business Insider - Published
· *There has been growing hope that the US and China could reach a trade deal soon.*
· *But experts say that wouldn't be enough to stave off a deceleration in growth in the largest economies.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
· Investors are closely watching the credit market for signs of strain, especially as a growing share of debt is amassed by companies with the weakest ratings.
· Higher interest rates have put.. Business Insider - Published
Betty Wang, analyst at ANZ, suggests that for the Chinese economy, the expansion in fixed asset investment (FAI) over the first two months of 2019 reflects the effects of supportive policy measures.. FXstreet.com - Published
Annette Beacher, chief Asia-Pacific macro strategist at TD Securities, notes that the RBA Governor continues to voice a far more balanced outlook for the economy, thereby defying pessimistic market.. FXstreet.com - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *2 key Brexit votes are coming. *Prime Minister Theresa May plans to hold two important votes this week — Wednesday's will ask MPs whether they support a no-deal.. Business Insider - Published
· *A Goldman Sachs analysis out last week suggests there are misconceptions around the impact of President Donald Trump's tax cuts.*
· *Many on Wall Street and Capitol Hill have said the tax cuts.. Business Insider - Published
To help business owners and entrepreneurs maximize tax savings legally with the New Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 impacting 2018 returns, CPA, CEO and Tax-Free Wealth Author Tom Wheelwright encourages.. PRWeb - Published
On the day the Trump administration released its fiscal 2020 budget, White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow misleadingly claimed that "overall revenues are up about 10 percent." In fact, federal.. FactCheck.org - Published
· Geopolitical risks, recession fears, and Federal Reserve policy were the dominant themes that several chief investment officers and strategists interviewed by Business Insider identified as the most.. Business Insider - Published
· *The stock market's rally so far this year shouldn't be trusted, Morgan Stanley said in a new report.*
· *Declining expectations for corporate profits are at the heart of the firm's outlook.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
*FORT LAUDERDALE, FL / ACCESSWIRE / March 11, 2019 / *BBX Capital Corporation (NYSE: BBX, OTCQX: BBXTB) ("BBX Capital" or the "Company") reported today its financial results for the quarter and year.. Accesswire - Published
· President Donald Trump released his annual budget proposal on Monday.
· While the budget is simply a statement of principles and will likely be drastically changed by Congress, the document does.. Business Insider - Published
· Almost half of analysts say Trump's policies will weigh on their industries, a Fidelity International survey found.
· It's a sharp contrast to previous years, suggesting the Trump bump is.. Business Insider - Published