LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Theresa May will urge the devolved nations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to "listen to business" at a meeting on Wednesday and back her.. Credit: Firstpost - Published
According to a report by Reuters, on Tuesday, the British government said that it would implement plans for a no-deal exit from the European Union and begin telling businesses and citizens to prepare..
According to Business Insider, Defense Secretary Gavin Williamson has revealed that the UK government could deploy thousands of British Army soldiers in the event of a no-deal Brexit. Williamson told..
· *Sterling's lift faces plenty of resistance in the near-term, with major technical levels and Brexit headlines both weighing on the GBP.*
· *With markets thinning out for the Christmas holidays,.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
By Cornelia Meyer*
A whirlwind of events has engulfed Europe over the past six months. While the effects have most been felt on its economies, these ripples were inspired by politics. In fact, if.. Credit: Eurasia Review - Published
· *Brexit continues to weigh on the Pound, while trade and global growth risks see the Yen maintaining market position.*
· *January will see the floodgates on Brexit open once again.*
GBP/JPY.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
A new poll shows more than half of Britons would support holding another Brexit referendum. Prime Minister Theresa May warned a new vote would "do irreparable damage to the integrity of our politics." Credit: NPR - Published
· *GBP/USD's advance stalled on Monday in London, tumbling from the highs of 1.2701 and right back to 1.2636 where the 21 and 200-hr SMAs meet at 1.2636.*
· *Cable's trajectory is dependent on.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
British Prime Minister Theresa May's spokesman is now out on the wires, delivering the key quotes found below.
· Cabinet of senior ministers agreed that delivering PM’s Brexit deal is the top.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *'Grinch-like' US stocks are on course for their worst December since the Great Depression. *The S&P 500 has fallen 7.8% this month, and is on track for its.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Private bankers at Credit Suisse have reportedly told ultra wealthy clients to accelerate moving assets out of the UK by January. *
· *A lack of clarity around Brexit could cause "turmoil" ahead.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Valtteri Ahti, chief strategist at Danske Bank, points out that EUR/GBP cross remains relatively steady just below the 0.90 level and especially 0-1M EUR/GBP and GBP/USD vols have plummeted as Brexit.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at Danske Bank note that yesterday, PM Theresa May indicated that the vote on her Brexit deal will take place in the week beginning 14 January.
“May also said that.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
Risk sentiment remained softer in Tuesday’s Asian trading session, propping up the safe-haven demand for the Yen versus its American counterpart that knocked-off USD/JPY to the 112.50 level, despite.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Brexit progress has stalled, but January will be seeing plenty of stress.*
· *The economic calendar is wearing down ahead of the Christmas holidays, leaving the Cable to spiral out.*
GBP/USD.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
The UK Times carried a story earlier today, citing that the UK PM Theresa May is likely to present three Brexit countdown options to the Cabinet, according to Bloomberg.
There is nothing further.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Sterling halts Monday's extended slide in early Tuesday action.*
· *Investor confidence continues to get shredded as PM May heads into another no-confidence vote as she intentionally withholds on.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
LONDON -- Prime Minister Theresa May said Monday that the postponed vote in Parliament on Britain's Brexit agreement with the European Union will be held the week of Jan. 14 -- more than a month after.. Credit: Newsday - Published
· *Gold lifted slightly on Monday as investors tread cautiously into the final full week of trade for the year. *
Spot gold has been travelling between $1,235/oz to $1,248/oz round numbers with the.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published