· The pay-TV industry just had its second-worst quarter of subscriber losses.
· To blunt the damage, MVPDs will try to appeal to viewers with more specific content bundles.
· It might be the only.. Business Insider - Published
Michael Lynton, Snap Inc.’s current chairman and former chief executive of Sony Entertainment, is joining the board of Warner Music Group as its non-executive chairman, the company announced on.. The Wrap - Published
The U.S. Senate has confirmed Bill Barr as the next attorney general. BroadcastingCable.com reports that the vote was 54-45. Barr is a familiar face, both at the DOC where he was attorney general under..
Comcast has ended a six-month battle to consolidate the fragmented US pay-TV market. Lex's Robert Armstrong and Sujeet Indap discuss the developments.
For more video content from the Financial Times,..
According to Reuters, NBCUniversal said on Monday that it plans to launch a streaming service in early 2020, stepping into a market dominated by Netflix and Amazon. he ad-supported service, available..
According to Broadcasting Cable, the CW is ordering a Batwoman pilot. Ruby Rose plays Batwoman and Dave Nutter directs the project. Armed with a passion for social justice and a flair for speaking her..
Credit: Wochit Entertainment Duration: 00:32Published
**Aquaman** earned $13.7 million in Thursday box office previews. The superhero film will open on approximately 4,125 screens during the pre-Christmas busy holiday weekend. Its two main competitors are..
Credit: Wochit Entertainment Duration: 00:38Published
· Kevin Reilly, the head of content for AT&T's upcoming streaming service, signaled on Monday that "Friends" may not be on Netflix much longer.
· "Sharing destination assets like that, it's not a.. Business Insider - Published
T-Mobile CEO John Legere and Sprint executive chairman Marcelo Claure will be pitching their companies' $26 billion merger before Congress this week, hoping to ease lawmaker's concerns about wireless.. Business Insider - Published
· HBO is expected to double the amount of scripted original programming hours it had in 2018 this year, as it goes head-to-head with Netflix in the streaming wars.
· In total, HBO had 500 hours of.. Business Insider - Published
· Comcast closed a $39 billion acquisition of Sky in 2018 and announced priorities that all of media and telecom will be watching.
· We spoke to industry experts and Comcast to identify the.. Business Insider - Published
SparkLabs Group Launches a New Innovation-as-a-Service Platform for Corporates. Advisors Include IBM’s CTO of Quantum Computing, Former CTO of P&G, and Chief Data Engineer at PayPal
SAN FRANCISCO.. PRWeb - Published
Brooks Entertainment Inc. releases a new Golf Shoe and a new Golf Putter for Shon Brooks to Play in the "Inaugural Super Bowl Golf Classic", presented by the (National Football League) NFL Alumni.. PRWeb - Published
This story was delivered to Business Insider Intelligence Apps and Platforms Briefing subscribers hours before appearing on Business Insider. To be the first to know, please click here.
AT&T's.. Business Insider - Published
In November, AT&T opened up about its plans for its forthcoming WarnerMedia streaming service, which aims to leverage the entertainment properties AT&T gained by way of its Time Warner acquisition.. TechCrunch - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Wireless and entertainment giant AT&T Inc. on Wednesday reported big subscriber declines in its TV division — even in its much-lauded DirecTV Now streaming service. AT&T has spent.. Seattle Times - Published
AT&T narrowly missed fourth quarter revenue estimates after reporting Wednesday morning it lost more than 250,000 DirecTV Now customers and posted underwhelming wireless growth.
The telecom and.. The Wrap - Published
Time Warner Cable and CPS Energy are in a dispute before the Texas Supreme Court over whether a "sweetheart" deal existed that allowed AT&T to pay less for use of the city's utility poles. bizjournals - Published
Swagit Productions, LLC Provides Video Streaming Services for the Residents of Highland Village
DALLAS (PRWEB) January 29, 2019
The City of Highland Village, Texas has partnered with Swagit to.. PRWeb - Published
Editor's note: This story has been updated from its original version to include the latest information as details unfold. AT&T Inc.’s WarnerMedia investment arm is getting a new home, according to a.. bizjournals - Published
AT&T wants to upgrade its massive Time Warner acquisition with more tech. The Dallas-based company plans to launch the WarnerMedia Innovation Lab, an incubator in New York City that will “further.. bizjournals - Published
· *The hottest new trend in TV tech is "addressable" ads, or TV ads that can be targeted to specific households via user data.*
· *While these types of ads appears to be the next big thing, it's.. Business Insider - Published
Viacom, the once-mighty cable giant behind pop culture confections like “Jersey Shore” and children’s fare like “Dora the Explorer,” is acquiring the streaming service PlutoTV for $340.. SFGate - Published
Comcast is entering 2019 with a towering $114.7 billion in debt. It’s one of a handful of leading media companies that have amassed through ambitious M&A and the need to adapt to rapidly changing.. bizjournals - Published
· 2018 was an active year for broadcast-station M&A, with $8.9 billion in deal volume, the second-biggest year in the past decade.
· Consolidation among broadcasters means that station ownership is.. Business Insider - Published
In 1975, Bayonne, New Jersey, an underdog gets a shot to fight the champ. See 'THE BRAWLER' theatrically in a neighborhood near you or on the following platforms as of today, January 18th. Amazon,.. PRWeb - Published
Since the first Dreamscape Immersive storefront opened at a Los Angeles-area mall a month ago, showtimes have sold out. Dreamscape prefers to call them “departure times.”
The Westfield Century.. The Wrap - Published
· Wall Street expects Netflix to succeed in a crowded streaming market in 2019, even as more competitors, like Disney and AT&T, enter the field.
· Netflix increased prices this week, but some Wall.. Business Insider - Published
· NBCUniversal will launch its own ad-supported streaming service in 2020.
· NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke told The Wall Street Journal that the company could consider moving "The Office" from.. Business Insider - Published
· The Department of Justice contacted the American Cable Association in December to set up a meeting "in the new year," ACA chief executive Matt Polka told Business Insider.
· The ACA represents.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple should be in the hunt for a video content company, Wedbush analyst Dan Ives said in a new report.
· The company's future growth is dependent on its services business, and a streaming video.. Business Insider - Published
A merger of CBS and sister company Viacom that has been hovering in corporate and legal limbo for roughly three years may now happen during the first six months of this year, industry experts.. The Wrap - Published
· *AT&T is introducing new data tools that allow advertisers to pull together set-top box data, stats from Turner and data from Xandr, its ad and analytics division.*
· *Xandr wants other networks.. Business Insider - Published
· *Overleveraged companies could be the cause of the next financial crisis given their high levels of debt.*
· *Major US corporates have been taking advantage of low interest rates and.. Business Insider - Published
· Comcast has publicly said it hasn’t identified a business model that makes sense for a streaming service.
· There are signs that might soon change, with Comcast overbuilding in regional.. Business Insider - Published
2018 was a year of massive mergers and acquisitions with AT&T/Time Warner, Disney/Fox, and Comcast/Sky. The #MeToo movement made headlines, and the dominant emotion in boardroom discussions around.. TechCrunch - Published
Things are tough all over — but especially in the digital media business of 2018. Probably the most high-profile flameout this year was at Mic, which laid off most of its staff ahead of an.. TechCrunch - Published
· *A number of high-profile advertising and marketing-tech deals happened this year, including AT&T's $1.6 billion acquisition of AppNexus and Adobe's $4.75 billion acquisition of Marketo.*
·.. Business Insider - Published
Company’s clients report major increases in traffic and conversion rates
CLEARWATER, Fla. (PRWEB) December 20, 2018
Studio98, a digital marketing firm specializing in medium-sized to large.. PRWeb - Published
Charter Communications has agreed to pay a record $174.2 million — and provide customers with months of free HBO and Showtime — to settle a fraud lawsuit claiming it knowingly delivered slower.. The Wrap - Published
· Billionaire investor Paul Tudor Jones cofounded the nonprofit Just Capital in 2013 to measure what Americans want from corporations, and which of these corporations are contributing to a "more just".. Business Insider - Published
Scott Lonardo joins Pranger Law PC
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) December 17, 2018
Pranger Law PC announces that Scott Lonardo has joined the firm as an IP litigation partner in the San Francisco.. PRWeb - Published
2018 has been a year of transformation in the telecom and media industries.
Telco behemoths snatched up media and ad tech in an effort to compete against the Silicon Valley giants. Digital.. Business Insider - Published
· Audience demand for Netflix Originals will surpass that of licensed titles by October 2019, according to a new report from research firms Parrot Analytics and S&P Global Market Intelligence.
·.. Business Insider - Published
· Millennial media darling Mic was sold for a fraction of its onetime presumed value.
· The company's cofounder Chris Altchek blamed Facebook for its failure to continue as a business to his.. Business Insider - Published
Sweet Unknown Studios, a production and film financing company that is dedicated to creating socially and commercially impactful projects, is pleased to launch their trailer today for the motion.. PRWeb - Published
After 45 years, HBO is officially out of the fight game. But HBO Boxing anchor Jim Lampley’s not going down without a fight.
Or at least, the popular pugilism host and journalist wasn’t signing.. The Wrap - Published
AT&T disputed the idea of a getting a “pot of gold” with Time Warner as an appeal of the companies' merger began with oral arguments Thursday. Meanwhile, the U.S. government came under many.. bizjournals - Published