· *The EU opted to make previously temporary steel tariffs permanent Wednesday matching US tariffs on imports.*
· The move highlights that protectionism is spreading and Donald Trump's trade.. Business Insider - Published
· *About a fourth of the government has been shut down since late December, making it the longest partial closure on record.*
· *The government shutdown has thwarted support programs for farmers.. Business Insider - Published
According to a report by Reuters, on Monday, Auto executives gathered in Detroit called on the Trump administration and Congress to resolve trade disputes and end the government shutdown as political..
Reuters reports that thousands of U.S. farmers gathered in New Orleans for the American Farm Bureau Federation annual convention. President Donald Trump was expected to attend the event for the second..
According to Business Insider, the talks will resume at the end of January. However, officials say that the talks could be delayed by the ongoing partial shutdown of the U.S. government. The shutdown..
China's economy has taken a beating in recent weeks as the trade war bites. And it may get worse. "So far, the trade war has had a much bigger impact on Chinese growth than US growth," Bank of America..
The Nikkei Asian Review is reporting that Apple is cutting iPhone production by 10% between January and March.
According to Business Insider, it is reportedly the second time in two months that Apple..
President Donald Trump’s quest to reset world trade carries costs at home and could isolate the United States. Reuters reports weak sales at Apple and Cargill may be the first obvious canaries in the..
President Donald Trump had a very busy 2018 and this is by no means a full trilogy of everything that happened from month to month. It is a little look back at a year in review of 12Trump moments that..
· *The impact of the US-China trade war is one of the central themes for US corporations this earnings season.*
· *While uncertainty around trade negotiations has been largely cited as a negative.. Business Insider - Published
· *China has agreed to continue purchasing US soybeans.*
· *Still, economists say it might be too late for the sector to get back to pre-trade-war conditions. *
· *Watch soybeans trade live.*
.. Business Insider - Published
· At its Capital Markets Day in New York, GM predicted that 2019 auto sales in the US and China could hold up.
· GM also told Wall Street that it could beat its 2018 earnings guidance, and it guided.. Business Insider - Published
· Morgan Stanley analyst Adam Jonas thinks Tesla CEO Elon Musk might be taking matters into his own hands to dodge the immediate effects of a Trump trade war.
· Musk could be looking to cut a deal.. Business Insider - Published
· China's economy has taken a beating in recent weeks as the trade war bites. And it may get worse.
· "So far, the trade war has had a much bigger impact on Chinese growth than US growth,".. Business Insider - Published
· *Tesla CEO Elon Musk met Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Wednesday.*
· Li said he hopes Telsa can be "a promoter of the stability of Chinese-US relations," in a sign that the two countries' trade.. Business Insider - Published
· *China's economy is showing signs of extreme stress, and not just because of President Donald Trump's trade war.*
· *Economic data is showing that China's debt problems are gobbling up cash.. Business Insider - Published
While speaking to reporters following his meeting with congressional leaders on the government shutdown, President Donald Trump said that trade talks with China were going very well.
*Key quotes.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Stocks were soaring Friday after the release of a strong US jobs report.*
· *US equities extended their gains after Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell indicated the central bank would pay.. Business Insider - Published
The U.S.-China trade war threatens a decade-old hope among business and economic leaders that rising purchasing power among Chinese consumers would support an era of synchronized global growth. Newsmax - Published
· *Washington and Beijing have placed hundreds of billions of dollars worth of tariffs on each other.*
· *The results have been more negative for the US than for China, according to a recent HSBC.. Business Insider - Published
President Donald Trump's trade war with China will force many U.S. companies to join Apple Inc. in announcing lower than expected earnings, the chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers.. Newsmax - Published
· *Global stocks slide after a shock revenue guidance downgrade from Apple, and troubling comments about the economic impact of Trump's trade war from CEO Tim Cook.*
· *During the European morning,.. Business Insider - Published
· Apple issued a surprising warning about its upcoming quarterly earnings on Wednesday, lowering its revenue target substantially.
· Apple CEO Tim Cook placed a significant portion of the blame on.. Business Insider - Published
Robert Lighthizer, the United States trade representative and a China skeptic, wants to prevent an anxious president from making a quick, empty deal in a rush to calm the markets. NYTimes.com - Published
· *The US government shutdown threatens payments of subsidies to American farmers, according to an agricultural economist.*
· *University of Illinois academic Scott Irwin said the shutdown could.. Business Insider - Published
BANGKOK (AP) — Shares were mixed Monday in subdued New Year's Eve trading. U.S. futures surged after President Donald Trump tweeted a day earlier that he expected to reach a deal to help resolve.. SeattlePI.com - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The government shutdown could complicate things for farmers lining up for federal payments to ease the burden of President Donald Trump’s trade war with China. The USDA last week.. Seattle Times - Published
According to initial reporting by Reuters, the White House is allegedly considering an executive order that would ban the use of Huawei and ZTE telecommunications equipment by US companies as US.. FXstreet.com - Published
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond’s manufacturing gauge fell by a record as shipments and new orders weakened, the fourth district bank factory index to drop this month and the latest evidence.. Newsmax - Published
· *Saxo Bank annually publishes a list of outrageous predictions for the year ahead.*
· *This year's forecast features recessions in two economic heavyweights, and the possibility of solar-related.. Business Insider - Published
At first blush, the US-China cease-fire was the headline of the G20 summit. But there was another, perhaps more profound, story, as China’s Xi presented himself as the new champion of.. Christian Science Monitor - Published
Judges in a special trade court raised constitutional questions over President Trump’s expansive regulation of trade, focusing on a national security law the president has used to impose tariffs on.. Wall Street Journal - Published