* • Speculations over a possible extension of Article 50 provided a short-lived boost. • Renewed USD buying interest picks up pace after stable US consumer inflation.*
The GBP/USD pair.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at TD Securities point out that UK’s headline inflation came in a tick below market expectations, at 1.8% y/y, while core inflation held steady at 1.9% y/y.
“The.. FXstreet.com - Published
Global economic growth is likely to stabilise at a new, slower pace, although China, trade wars and rising protectionism threaten the "delicate equilibrium", Bank of England Governor Mark Carney said..
James Smith, developed markets economist at ING, points out that the UK inflation has once again fallen back below the Bank of England’s 2% target and the fall from 2.1% to 1.8% in January largely.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The cross moves higher following UK data.*
· *UK inflation figures disappointed in January.*
· *PM Theresa May expected to resume Brexit discussions today.*
The Sterling is now giving away.. FXstreet.com - Published
LONDON (AP) — Lower energy costs as well as a waning impact from the pound’s sharp fall in the aftermath of the country’s Brexit vote have helped consumer price inflation in Britain fall below.. Seattle Times - Published
Analysts at TD Securities are seeing slight downside risks to UK inflation data today, with headline inflation at 1.9% y/y (mkt: 1.9%) and core inflation at 1.7% y/y (mkt: 1.9%).
*Key.. FXstreet.com - Published
The Kiwi was the biggest mover in Asia this Wednesday, as surprisingly less dovish as expected Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) monetary policy statement and Governor Orr’s comments lifted the.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The GBP/USD pair is near 1.2900 mark on early Wednesday.*
· *The pair extends Tuesday’s gains earned through concern of soft Brexit and less dovish BoE.*
· *The headline inflation data will.. FXstreet.com - Published
*The UK December CPIs Overview*
The cost of living in the UK as represented by the consumer price index (CPI) is due later on Wednesday at 0930 GMT. The headline CPI inflation is expected to steady.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at Danske Bank suggest that the UK inflation figures for December will probably show another decline in headline inflation from 2.3% in November on the back of lower energy prices.
*Key.. FXstreet.com - Published
A sense of calm prevailed in Wednesday’s Asian trading, as the dust settled over the Brexit vote defeat aftermath. The GBP bulls faced exhaustion, leaving the Cable to consolidate the Brexit vote.. FXstreet.com - Published
According to Martin Enlund, chief FX strategist at Nordea Markets, prices, politics and profits will be the main topics of the week with UK inflation on Wednesday, Euro-area inflation on Thursday and.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Sterling action continues to edge into the bottom end ahead of Retail Sales, BoE MPS.*
· *Brexit developments have returned to a steady stream of vague optimism with little forward momentum on.. FXstreet.com - Published
LONDON (AP) — Inflation in Britain rose in November by its weakest rate in 21 months, a development that’s likely to cheer consumers as they get ready for some last-minute Christmas shopping. The.. Seattle Times - Published
Forex today in Asia witnessed risk-off market profile for the second day in a row this Monday, as the Asian stocks tracked the heavy losses in their Wall Street counterparts. Amid risk-aversion, the.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Brexit tensions remain high, but volatility has tightened up as investors await the next turn of the page.*
· *The UK's latest Inflation Hearings sees the BoE's Carney on the testimony stand.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *GBP/JPY stuck on the south end of 145.00 as market sentiment remains hung.*
· *Brexit continues to bear down on the GBP.*
GBP/JPY remains tied up in a near-term sideways channel from 144.40 to.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Brexit anxiety, awful UK retail sales data drag GBP/JPY sharply lower.*
· *All eyes on the UK Brexit Cabinet meeting and UK inflation data for fresh directional move.*
The relentless selling.. FXstreet.com - Published
LONDON (AP) — Official figures show inflation in Britain held steady above the Bank of England’s target level in October. The Office for National Statistics said the consumer prices index in the.. Seattle Times - Published
The US dollar profit-taking was the key underlying theme in Asia this Wednesday, in response to the increased demand for the GBP and Euro on a potential Brexit deal. The GBP/USD pair jumped to 1.3050.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *USD profit-taking and hopes of a Brexit deal keep the Cable well bid.*
· *All eyes on the UK Brexit Cabinet meeting and UK inflation data for a fresh directional move.*
The *GBP/USD* pair is.. FXstreet.com - Published
· ***UK retail sales fell -0.8% m/m in September *
· *UK retail sales ex motor fuel fell -0.8% m/m in September.*
Sterling remained little changed on the downside around 1.3100 after the UK.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Volatility in GBP crosses remain low despite EU summit and Brexit comments. *
· *Cable off lows but still down 50 pips so far today.*
The GBP/USD pair continued to recover ground after the.. FXstreet.com - Published
LONDON (AP) — Inflation in Britain eased markedly during September, official figures showed Wednesday, a development that lowers the pressure on the Bank of England to raise interest rates at a time.. Seattle Times - Published
· *I**nflation in the UK unexpectedly drops in September, as food price increases slow down.*
· *Consumer price inflation (CPI), the most watched measure of UK inflation, feel to 2.4%, down.. Business Insider - Published
**The UK headline inflation rose 2.4% y/y in September, missing the market estimates.
The Uk core inflation decelerated to 1.9% in September.
The GBP/USD fell to intraday low of 1.3130 after the.. FXstreet.com - Published
The US dollar and the Kiwi replicated the moves seen in Asia a day before, as risk-on sentiment remained the key underlying theme amid upbeat US earnings and firmer equities.
In absence of fresh.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) offer a brief preview of the upcoming UK inflation data due later today at 0830 GMT.
“The August inflation data.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • Persistent USD selling bias triggers the initial leg of up-move. • Upbeat UK retail sales data provides an additional boost. • Positive Brexit comments remain supportive of the.. FXstreet.com - Published
Jens Pedersen, Senior Analyst at Danske Bank, gives his views on GBP performance in light of the current Brexit negotiations.
“A rather volatile session for GBP yesterday. EUR/GBP.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at ANZ Bank New Zealand Limited explained that equities were on the rise overnight with treasury yields up a couple of basis points and the USD declining.
"Global.. FXstreet.com - Published
** • Investors looked past today’s hotter-than-expected UK inflation figures. • The latest Brexit headlines prompt some aggressive selling in the last hour. • Focus remains on the.. FXstreet.com - Published
Here is what you need to know.
*China's premier hits back at Trump's attacks on currency manipulation. *"Persistent depreciation of the RMB," China's currency, "will only do more harm than good to.. Business Insider - Published
· *Cable picks up pace above 1.3200 post-CPI.*
· *UK inflation figures surprised to the upside in August.*
· *Headline CPI rose 0.7% MoM and Core CPI rose 2.1% YoY.*
The buying interest around.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *CPI inflation increases to 2.7% in August, up from 2.5% in July, confounding economists forecasts.*
· *Inflation has now unexpectedly risen for two consecutive months.*
· *Goods increasing in.. Business Insider - Published
* • Short-covering helps stage a goodish recovery from 1-1/2 month lows. • Brexit optimism might continue to underpin GBP and cap any runaway rally. • Today’s key focus will be on.. FXstreet.com - Published