Back in April, hackers managed to deface YouTube music videos by Drake, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Shakira and others (including Despacito, the reigning king of views on the platform). The infiltrators.. TUAW Also reported by •engadget
A massive number of people use YouTube not just for videos, but as a de-facto music streaming service, not unlike Spotify. YouTube is well aware of this, which is why the company has been trying to.. engadget Also reported by •TUAW
The streaming music market is growing and Youtube is the latest company t start its own streaming-music service. Its pricing is right up there with Spotify's. Goldman Sachs analyst Heather Bellini.. Source: Wochit Business -
YouTube is expanding.
It now includes YouTube Music, YouTube TV, YouTube Go, and YouTube Premium.
YouTube Premium was formerly called YouTube Red.
Premium includes ad-free streaming and access to.. Source: Wochit -
YouTube Music to Launch Next Week YouTube announced on Friday that it is incorporating a music-streaming platform after internal data revealed most people use the site to play tunes. Elias Roman, a.. Source: Wibbitz Top Stories -
Today's major tech headlines include Google shaking up YouTube Music with a new app and desktop player coming soon. Meanwhile, Red's crazy phone will be sold by both Verizon and AT&T when it launches.. Source: CNET - Affiliate -
Raise your hand if you used Vevo's apps instead of watching music videos on YouTube. Anybody? That's what we thought. Despite Vevo's effort to grow its brand through apps and its website, nothing quite.. TUAW Also reported by •engadget
Video hosting service Vevo will now be even more dependent on YouTube.
The service, which specializes in sharing music videos and is co-owned chiefly by the world’s two dominant labels, Universal.. The Wrap
by Graham Pierrepoint -
YouTube has grown to be more than just the premier platform for video-sharing on the web – it’s often used by its millions of users to listen to the latest music.. One News Page Staff
· *Youtube is starting its own streaming-music service, and it's pricing is right up there with Spotify's. *
· *The streaming-music market is growing, and data- and advertising-based tech.. Business Insider
· *YouTube music chief Lyor Cohen says the big record labels fear that Spotify and Apple Music will one day dominate sales and distribution.*
· *Cohen says there's one remedy for this: YouTube and.. Business Insider
· *If Google-owned YouTube were a standalone company, it would be worth more than IBM, Disney or Comcast, says Morgan Stanley.*
· *The investment bank says YouTube's new music subscription.. Business Insider