- when doc sadler was named head- men's basketball coach at - southern miss, back in 20-14...- he didn't ask for what came - next.
- post-season bans, ineligible- players and scholarship - reductions... made his job one- of the hardest in the country.- and yet, that's what makes his- departure from u-s-m so - bittersweet... having finally - turned the corner, in his - fifth and final year... with- the program.- today... sadler announced he wa- resigning from his post, on - a high note... after a taxing - five-year run, with the golden- eagles... culminating with a- 20-win season, in 20-19.- overall, sadler led the black - and gold to 56 wins and 94- losses... - amidst the turmoil left behind- by donnie tyndall.- sadler made his decision public- - - - alongside new director of - athletics, jeremy mc-clain... - where he confirmed the- possibility of- returning to nebraska as an - assistant, under fred hoiberg..- as- first reported by husker- - online-dot-com, yesterday.- sadler is also considering othe- coaching options... as well - as a break from coaching... - altogether.
- but whatever his future is... - it's not as a head coach... - anywhere.
- - "a culture needs to be built here that is a- championship culture.
I wasn't- able to do that the first two,- three, four years because we- just tried to have a team with- five guys on the floor.
And i'v- spoke to you about- the sanctions and all that, - yeah, okay, we'll deal with it.- - - - but building a culture, and - that's the part that takes a lo- of, a lot of energy because it- is something every day.
- i've got to hold somebody - accountable, and that gets old.- mc-clain says he hopes to have - new coach in place by national- - - - signing day, on april 17th... - but says a realistic timeline..- might - be more like 10 days.
- next season will be the first - time u-s-m will be at full- scholarship - capacity... since the tyndall -