- the 19th school, on news 25's 2- teams in 25 days... is less tha- 24 -- - or 25 -- hours away... from - hitting somebody else.- on jamboree eve... pass - christian can't get year 1 of - the - blake pennock era started soon- enough... coming off last year'- disappointing one-win season.
- and that's not gonna cut it for- the pirates, in 20-19... who- look- to do what no pass team... has- ever done before.
- - and now... news 25's 25 teams i- 25- days... sponsored by bienville- orthopedics.- nat ---> "ready, set, go!
Got t- move!
Got to move, d-line!
- "we won five games, went to the- playoffs, hosted a playoff game- - - - here.
And then next season, we- thought we were going to be - going down the same path, and i- just went - downhill from there."
- about this same time, last- year... life was good, at pass- christian.- coming off just their second- home playoff game, in school- history... the pirates picked u- right where they left off, in - - - - 20-18... with a crazy week 1- road victory, at long beach...- in the- oyster bowl.- "things were looking up, and- then it just went all downhill.- crashed."
- "i think the main problem was w- focused on that one game.
That- one - game, we just went for it.
And- then after that, we just lost - our focus for the rest of the - season."- nine games later... the pirates- - - - were staring dead in the face,- at a 1-9 season... their worst- showing, since 20-13.
- this year... pass christian has- a clean slate, under first-year- head coach blake pennock... who- says the program... is far- from a sinking ship.- "i've told this to people in th- past.
I don't really feel like- we're taking over a 1-9 - program.
And coming from a- mindset of hoping we can do it- to expecting to do it.
And- that's the hardest thing to - change, probably most times it'- the last thing to - change because you have to see- - - - evidence of that."
"when he cam into the locker room, he from - the first day told us that we'r- going to- be a winning team and we all- bought in to his program.
And - - - - we've all seen the changes."- the biggest change pass - christian is striving to- make... is in the month of- november.
- believe it or not... the pirate- have never even gotten a- taste...- of the second round.- "just getting to the pere.
But - the pass christian- history, we have never won a- playoff game, so that's our mai- goal."- "it does need to change.
It - absolutely needs to change.
Thi- - - - place has the potential to be - successful and we have the- opportunity i think now to- hopefully change- that."- one step at a time, for the - pass... who first needs to pump- the brakes, on that nine-game - losing streak.- after that... this year's - 17-member senior class, of 20-2- -- and- beyond -- has the chance to mak- its own traditions... - starting with the grind... and- - - - the chase.
Nat ---> "grind on - three, chase on six.
One, two - three, grind!
Four, five, six,- chase!"
- - - - the pirates open up their 20-19- campaign with long beach, yet - - - - again... on august 23rd.- as for tomorrow... pass - christian travels to- gautier, for its jamboree...- slated to kick off, at 7