Police say the girl was playing with fireworks inside of a home in Logan.
"crews did find debris about a quarter mile away."
A clifton family is without a place to live this evening after their home explodes early this good evening and thank you for choosing news channel five a10 6 i'm brandon thompson... officials are now saying a gas leak is suspected in the explosion as the investigation unfolds.... just before two o clock early this morning, the clifton fire department responded to a house explosion on the five hundred block of 30 road.
Thankfully no one is hurt in the incident... it is unknown if there were any fires involved -- upon the fire department's arrival the entire house was destroyed.
The owner of the property tells news channel five he was in the garage when it happened... the explosion did not damage that structure... he suffered no injuries... the people who live inside the house were in "we don't know what led to the house explosion at this point and time that is still being investigated but the gas leak the gas leak that had been referred to earlier was due to the actual house explosion displacing the meter causing a gas leak at that time.
We are not indicating that there was a prior gas leak that caused the house explosion."
Officials say they did receive reports regarding a gas smell around the area before the explosion... fire crews say, the gas leak did not affect any other homes in the neighborhood..
The family wants to thank the community- - after the incident they say the outpouring of support has been overwhelming..
If you'd like to help them replace what's been lost, donations are being accepted at the calvary chapel church in grand junction...
Related news coverage
You might like
Several pets at a home in northern China's Handan were frightened by a loud explosion caused by a gas leak in a nearby building on..