Some $3 billion has been contributed so far, Guterres told an online event on Thursday (September 10), calling it "seed funding" that was less than 10% of what the WHO wants for the programme, formally called Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator.
United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said the world is facing a "generational catastrophe that could waste untold human potential, undermine decades of progress, and exacerbate entrenched inequalities."View on euronews
Credit: euronews (in English) Duration: 01:20Published
It came as Donald Trump used the virtual UN meeting to attack China over the emergence of coronavirus. China hit back at what it called "a political virus" and said Trump's accusations were "baseless".
New partial lockdown measures became effective on Monday in Madrid's working class district of Vallecas, the morning after residents took to the streets to call for better health provisions, complaining of discrimination by the authorities. Olivia Chan reports.