Britain's Anthony Joshua was victorious in the first heavyweight world title fight to take place in the Middle East.
Joshua beat Andy Ruiz on a unanimous points decision in Saudi Arabia on Sunday.
With the win, Joshua seized back the heavyweight world championship belts he lost to Ruiz in a shock upset last June in New York City.
Joshua reflected on that loss during a Sunday news conference: (SOUNDBITE) ANTHONY JOSHUA, SAYING: “And on June 1st I just got beat by the better man, and I just knew I belong at a championship level so the belts spent some time with me, the belts have spent some time with Andy, and I think the belts realized they wanted to be around my waist.
So they came home tonight.” Joshua meant business from the get-go… stepping into the ring lighter than ever.
Ruiz - a Mexican-American - had arrived at weigh-in in a sombrero at a staggering 283 pounds - a full 45 pounds heavier than his opponent.
He told reporters that his weight had played a major role in his loss: (SOUNDBITE)(English) ANDY RUIZ, SAYING: “I’m not scared of any of my opponents, you know.
If I would have let my hands go just like I did on June 1st, I think I would have won.
I would have won this fight and like I said I should have trained harder, I should have listened to my coaches more, and maybe I shouldn’t have put on all this weight that I did and I would have been more faster and I would have thrown more.
I got him hurt a few times and I let him survive, so I think that was one of the mistakes that I did.” The decision to take the fight - dubbed the 'Clash on the Dunes' - to Saudi Arabia had been criticized by human rights campaigners.
But Joshua complimented the hosts and welcomed Ruiz's suggestion that there should be a third encounter.