India on Thursday said the disengagement of Indian and Chinese troops along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) is not yet complete. “There has been some progress made towards this objective but the disengagement process has as yet not been completed. The Senior Commanders of the two sides will be meeting in the near future to work out steps in this regard,” said Anurag Srivastava, spokesperson, the ministry of external affairs. “Therefore, we expect that the Chinese side will sincerely work with us for complete disengagement and de-escalation and full restoration of peace and tranquility in the border areas at the earliest as agreed to by the Special Representatives,” he added. Srivastava also spoke on the fifth phase of Vande Bharat Mission. Phase 5 of the repatriation mission to begin from August 1 under which 792 flights have been scheduled, the spokesperson said. Watch the video for more details.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 03:05Published
The Ministry of External Affairs has stated that group of Sikh and Hindu communities who returned from Afghanistan will be facilitated as per rules in the country. MEA is in touch with others who would like to return. "Our mission in Kabul (Afghanistan), despite COVID-19 situation facilitated return of first group that arrived last week. Their cause for permanent settlement here will be examined and facilitated as per rules. We are in touch with others who would like to return, we would facilitate it," said MEA Spokesperson Anurag Srivastava.
While addressing a press conference in the national capital on July 23, the official spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Anurag Srivastava spoke on Buddha statue vandalised in Pakistan. He said, "On July 18, during excavation of one of houses in Pakistan, a Gandhara style Buddha statue was found. What we understand is, 4 Pakistani citizens at behest of religious cleric who told them that their faith will be renounced if they don't dismantle statue, they broke it." "It is been widely condemned and widespread concern has been expressed by a cross-section of people in our country. We have expressed our concerns to Pakistan and conveyed our expectations that they would ensure safety, security and well being of minorities there and protect their cultural heritage," MEA added.
While addressing a press conference in the national capital on July 23, the official spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Anurag Srivastava spoke on India-China border matter. He said, "4th round of meeting of senior commanders was held on July 14 where they also discussed further steps to ensure complete disengagement." "Another meeting of Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination (WMCC) in India-China border areas is expected to be scheduled soon," MEA added.
The campaign to boycott Chinese products continued in the national capital following the violent face-off at Galwan Valley in Ladakh in the month of June. Sarojini Nagar Market Association joined the campaign of boycotting Chinese goods. The members of market association were carrying placards and wearing face masks with a message of 'Boycott China'. They were spreading awareness of using domestic products and boycott Chinese goods. They have urged people to adopt 'swadeshi' (indigenous) products.
Ahead of Raksha Bandhan, young daughters and sisters from northeastern states on August 02 tied rakhi to jawans who serve in border areas of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. It was an expression of their solidarity, love and gratitude towards Indian Armed personnel.
Minister of State for Home Affairs, Nityanand Rai visited Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) headquarters in Delhi on July 27 on the occasion of 82nd Raising Day of CRPF. During his speech, Rai remembered bravery of CRPF officials during Indo-China war in1959 and said, "We are celebrating the Raising Day of CRPF and during this COVID-19 pandemic time, CRPF is continuously working to help the citizens with great bravery. In the Hot Springs area of Ladakh in October 21, 1959, when China attacked us, 10 CRPF jawans lost their lives but China had to suffer a heavier loss. This glorious history is also associated with CRPF."
While addressing a press conference in the national capital on July 23, the official spokesperson of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Anurag Srivastava informed about 4th phase of Vande Bharat Mission. He said, "In phase 4 of Vande Bharat Mission, 1197 flights have been scheduled so far, including 945 international flights and 252 feeder flights. These flights are operated by Air India group, IndiGo, SpiceJet and GoAir." "They covered 29 countries. They will be reaching 34 airports in India," MEA spokesperson added.
Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra vacated her official Lodhi Estate bungalow on Thursday. Priyanka handed over the possession to CPWD on Thursday. An official statement issued by the Congress said Priyanka Gandhi handed over the possession of her 35, Lodhi Estate bungalow, "previously allotted to her on security grounds", to the CPWD. "She will be residing in a temporary accommodation until a more permanent accommodation in Delhi rented by her is ready for use," an official communication from the Congress party said. Earlier in the day, a team of central PWD officials visited her house and took the keys of the Lodhi Estate bungalow. Centre had cancelled Priyanka’s New Delhi accommodation at Lodhi Estate. The Ministry of Urban Development issued a notice to Priyanka Gandhi on July 1, asking her to vacate the Lodhi Estate bungalow before August 1, as she was no longer eligible for it after her security cover was downgraded last year. Priyanka had earlier this month cleared her pending dues. The said house has since been allotted to BJP's media department in-charge and Rajya Sabha MP Anil Baluni. Priyanka was allotted the 35, Lodhi Estate bungalow in New Delhi in 1997.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 01:11Published
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Mauritian counterpart Pravind Jugnauth jointly inaugurated the new Supreme Court building in Port Louis through video conferencing. The new Supreme Court building was completed with Indian assistance as part of New Delhi's thrust on cooperation with countries in the Indian Ocean Region. Senior members of the judiciary from Mauritius and other dignitaries from both countries were present during the occasion. "First of all, I congratulate the Government and people of Mauritius for effective management of the COVID-19 global pandemic. I am happy that India was able to support this effort through timely supplies of medicines and sharing of experiences," said PM Modi. During his address, Prime Minister Modi said India and Mauritius respect independent judiciaries as important pillars of our democratic systems. "Both India and Mauritius respect our independent judiciaries as important pillars of our democratic systems. This impressive new building, with its modern design and construction, is a mark of this respect," the Prime Minister said. Watch the full video for more details.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 05:49Published
The Health Ministry on community transmission has stated that in 80% of new cases, source of infection and close contacts can be traced within 72 hours. "India has cluster of cases and pockets of localised transmission. With 138 crore population only 50 out of 740 districts contribute to 80% cases. In 80% of new cases, source of infection and close contacts can be traced within 72 hrs. How's it community transmission?" questioned Secretary of Health Ministry, while addressing the press in New Delhi.
The United States may ban Chinese-video sharing app TikTok, said President Donald Trump, amidst rising tensions between Beijing and Washington on a range of issues. "We are looking at TikTok, we may be banning TikTok. We may be doing some other things, we have a couple of options. We are looking at a lot of alternatives with respect to TikTok," he said. Trump added that he would sign an executive order and take action as soon as Saturday. In July, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had said that the Trump administration was considering a ban on TikTok application. The ban on access to TikTok was being considered over privacy concerns, Pompeo had added. Video-sharing application TikTok is owned by Beijing-based startup ByteDance. Recently, India had banned 59 Chinese mobile apps including TikTok, WeChat and Helo. Most of the apps banned in the June 29 order were red-flagged by intelligence agencies. The apps were banned with a view of threat to the nation's sovereignty and security.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 01:53Published
Hong Kong leader Carrie Lam on Friday postponed a Sept. 6 election for the city's legislature for a year because of a spike in novel coronavirus cases, dealing a blow to the pro-democracy opposition hoping to make gains in the vote. Soraya Ali reports.
US President Donald Trump has said that his government is looking at banning Chinese video-sharing application Tiktok. When asked a question on the issue, the US President said they are looking into the issue and are thinking about making a decision. This comes after Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin said that the US government was carrying out a national security review on TikTok and that his department would advise Trump what, if any, needs to be taken against it. Earlier in the month, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said that the Trump administration was considering a ban on access to the TikTok application over privacy concerns. Meanwhile, Beijing has accused the US of using government mechanisms to pressure Chinese companies. Tiktok has claimed that user data is safe and not shared with Chinese authorities. This comes after India earlier banned the video-sharing app and several others over privacy concerns. The US had lauded India's decision and said that the move will protect India's integrity and national security. Watch the full video for all the details.
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 01:19Published
Locals and market organizations staged a 'Jan Jagaran Abhiyan' and supported indigenous products and protested against Chinese goods. The protestors raised their voice around Delhi's Chhatarpur area and requested shopkeepers to boycott China. 'Aatmanirbhar Bharat' has boosted country's shift towards self-reliance following Galwan valley clash.
To make the country self-reliant, the Delhi Merchants Association has been engaged in providing employment to the common people. They are preparing rakhis made from clay and seeds. To pay respect to soldiers who lost their lives in Galwan valley clash, they want to send 5000 rakhis.
The Ministry of External Affairs on July 16 said that the South China Sea is a part of global commons, and New Delhi has an "abiding interest" in peace and stability in the region. "South China sea is..
MEA's spokesperson Anurag Srivastava, in a media briefing, announced that the next meeting of the Working Mechanism for Consultation and Coordination on India-China border affairs (WMCC) is expected to..
Credit: HT Digital Content Duration: 01:45Published