· *Roku is rolling out a tool that will show advertisers how some of the ad dollars they're spending on traditional TV isn't reaching their intended audience.*
· *Roku is hoping to grab a piece of.. Business Insider - Published
*BOCA RATON, FL / ACCESSWIRE / **May 21, 2019 / Grom Social Enterprises (OTCQB: GRMM) *For the millions of kids who turn to Grom Social as their fun, informative - and safe - social media destination,.. Accesswire - Published
Depop is a social shopping app that has been described as a mix of eBay and Instagram. It is targeted at Gen Z shoppers. Since launching in Milan in 2011, the app has grown to have 13 million users in..
According to Reuters, Facebook beat analysts’ estimates for quarterly revenue on Wednesday, aided by growth in its Instagram business and a surge in advertising sales, The company also raised the top..
With more and more people using social media everyday, hackers are taking advantage and gaining access to people's personal information. A local student learned the hard way how important it is to be..
As two new IPOs hit the NYSE on Thursday, the market showed its appetite for exciting tech names hasn't slowed. Shares of both Israeli cybersecurity company Tufin and California-based cloud computing..
If you thought Snapchat was dead, then you're obviously not a teen. Gen Z considers Snapchat its favorite social media platform, but it's not the social app teens use the most. Buzz60's Maria Mercedes..
· Uber went public this month on the New York Stock Exchange in a much-watched IPO.
· Since it was founded in 2009, Uber has transformed the ride-hailing industry and grown to become the most.. Business Insider - Published
Facebook is struggling to attract top talent coming out of college, after a year’s worth of privacy scandals.
The social network has seen its acceptance rate for full-time positions from top.. The Wrap - Published
The White House has launched a new tool that enables people to report the fact that they have been kicked off the likes of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. The tool is aimed at people who have.. betanews - Published
These days, if you want to chat with friends and family you probably do so through one of the many mobile messaging choices -- such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Snapchat. Before mobile.. betanews - Published
Amazon Fire TV’s lead over rival streaming platform Roku is widening. In January at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Amazon said it had “well over” 30 million Fire TV users compared.. TechCrunch - Published
· We give a lot of our data to companies like Facebook, Google, and Microsoft. But we don't always know how well that data is protected.
· Data breaches like Collection #1 or attacks like the.. Business Insider - Published
Indian video streaming giant Hotstar, owned by Disney, today set a new global benchmark for the number of people an OTT service can draw to a live event. Some 18.6 million users simultaneously tuned.. TechCrunch - Published
· *Facebook cofounder Chris Hughes wrote an unexpectedly critical opinion piece in the New York Times on Facebook, calling for the breakup of the company.*
· *He's just the latest prominent former.. Business Insider - Published
· Uber made its debut on the New York Stock Exchange on Friday in the most-watched tech IPO of 2019.
· But back in 2011, when Uber first broke in to New York City, it was still a young startup, and.. Business Insider - Published
The CEO and founder of Bumble is expanding her mission to empower women. Whitney Wolfe Herd created the dating app in 2014 and since then, it has grown to more than 55 million users in 150 countries... CBS News - Published
YouTube may be the king of online video, but its subscription music streaming service is trailing far behind its biggest competitors.
According to a report in [INS: Bloomberg :INS], Google now.. Mashable - Published
When Slack first arrived on the scene in 2013, it was meant to be an amped-up social messaging app that would improve workplace communication and cut down on email. It’s still serving that purpose,.. betanews - Published
· *17 employees of startup NPM have signed an open letter demanding better working conditions. It employed 53 people in total as of April.*
Uber and Lyft drivers worldwide are striking on Wednesday to protest what they describe as unfair wages and poor working conditions — just days before Uber is set to go public with a valuation of.. The Wrap - Published
· *Depop is a social shopping app that has been described as a mix of eBay and Instagram. It is largely targeted at Gen Z shoppers.*
· *Since being founded in Milan in 2011, Depop has grown.. Business Insider - Published
MADRID (AP) — American educator Salman Khan and his Khan Academy online platform that offers free classes worldwide have won Spain’s Princess of Asturias award for international cooperation. The.. Seattle Times - Published
The future may be private, as Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg declared on Tuesday, but experts are divided on whether the social media giant’s new redesign will help the company move beyond the security.. The Wrap - Published
· On the quarterly conference call, Apple CEO Tim Cook outlined Apple's master plan to sell more devices and services to a massive market.
· He was talking about the enterprise market, which buys $4.. Business Insider - Published
· Rajeev Misra, the CEO of the $100 billion SoftBank Vision Fund, had a wide-ranging discussion at the Milken Institute Global Conference about his investing process.
· Misra revealed how he picks.. Business Insider - Published
Causes grew to a jawdropping 186 million users as one of the first ten Facebook platform apps. Started by Facebook co-founder Sean Parker, it was meant to turn a generation into activists and.. TechCrunch - Published
Facebook is releasing a major redesign of its app and website built around letting people connect with groups that share their interests — an attempt to shift its focus away from the untrammeled.. SFGate - Published
· *Facebook is adding a "secret crush" feature to its Facebook Dating tool.*
· *It will allow users to discover if they and their friends have mutual crushes on each other.*
· *Facebook Dating is.. Business Insider - Published
· *Depop is a social shopping app described as a more user-friendly version of eBay and targeted at Gen Z shoppers. *
· *Since launching in 2012 (the company was founded in 2011), the app has grown.. Business Insider - Published
· *Facebook raked in over $420 million in sales in Australia last year, but paid just $8.3 million in taxes — roughly 2% — to Australia's tax authority.*
· *According to the Facebook's tax.. Business Insider - Published
· What started out as a contentious situation between Microsoft and VMware has blossomed into a friendly, formal partnership.
· The CEOs of the two long-time corporate rivals stood on stage with.. Business Insider - Published
As Amazon reportedly gears up to offer its own hi-fi music streaming service, Spotify has posted its Q1 figures. One significant milestone: the world’s currently biggest music streaming service.. TechCrunch - Published
Spotify has 100 million Premium users, the company has announced in its most recent financial figures. In total, the streaming service has 217 million users, 117 million of which are enjoying the free,.. engadget - Published
· *Depop is a social shopping app that has been described as a mix of eBay and Instagram. It is targeted at Gen Z shoppers. *
· *Since launching in Milan in 2011, the app has grown to have 13.. Business Insider - Published
· *Slack filed to go public on Friday, and in its paperwork, it named Microsoft as its biggest competitor.*
· *Analysts are concerned about Slack's chances to succeed in that fight **because more.. Business Insider - Published
Following the revelation that Facebook "unintentionally" scraped and uploaded 1.5 million users' email contacts, the New York attorney general's office has announced that it is opening an investigation.. betanews - Published Also reported by •Business Insider
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Friday.
1. *New York's Attorney General is investigating Facebook for harvesting 1.5 million users' email data without their consent.*.. Business Insider - Published
· Amazon has been the subject of a lot of condemnation of late, from groups including politicians, software developers, environmentalists, and more.
· So in its quarterly financial report, Amazon.. Business Insider - Published
Another day, another investigation for Facebook to deal with.
New York Attorney General Letitia James announced that her office is opening an investigation into Facebook over its scraping of.. Mashable - Published
Remember when Amazon was criticized for not turning a profit? Those days are a distant memory, after the e-commerce giant smashed Wall Street earnings expectations when it reported its first quarter.. The Wrap - Published
· Former Google CEO Eric Schmidt has a custom-made comic strip hanging in his office of Apple CEO Tim Cook, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, and himself apologizing.
· The detail was reported in The.. Business Insider - Published
Snap Inc. has hired Kenny Mitchell as it first chief marketing officer, the company said on Thursday, days after it reported better-than-expected first quarter sales and user growth.
Mitchell joins.. The Wrap - Published
· *Europe's default privacy regulator for Facebook will investigate whether Facebook broke the law after the social network hoovered up more than one million user email contacts without their.. Business Insider - Published
· *British fintech Freetrade, the UK's answer to Robinhood, is set to raise £1 million ($1.3 million) in crowdfunding from its members on Thursday. *
· *It's the fee-free stockbroker's fourth.. Business Insider - Published
The adoption of Microsoft’s mobile email client has reached a new record, according to official figures provided by the company itself. Microsoft Outlook for iOS and Android is now running on more.. Softpedia - Published
· The $3 billion to $5 billion fine Facebook expects to pay to settle a Federal Trade Commission inquiry sounds big, but for the company, it really isn't.
· As part of its earnings report Wednesday,.. Business Insider - Published
· Most of Microsoft's blockbuster products and cloud services originated long before Satya Nadella became CEO.
· But there's one product launched immediately after he became CEO that has grown like.. Business Insider - Published