Energy company in the United States
Consolidated Edison, Inc.
, commonly known as Con Edison
or Con Ed
, is one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the United States, with approximately $12 billion in annual revenues as of 2017, and over $48 billion in assets. The company provides a wide range of energy-related products and services to its customers through its subsidiaries:
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York, Inc., (CECONY), a regulated utility providing electric and gas service in New York City and Westchester County, New York, and steam service in the borough of Manhattan;
- Orange and Rockland Utilities, Inc., a regulated utility serving customers in a 1,300-square-mile (3,400 km2) area in southeastern New York and northern New Jersey;
- Con Edison Solutions, an energy services company;
- Con Edison Energy, a wholesale energy services company;
- Con Edison Development, a company that owns and operates renewable and energy infrastructure projects, and,
- Con Edison Transmission, Inc., which invests in electric and natural gas transmission projects.
You Might Like