· *Boeing will start including a safety feature customers previously had to pay for on all of its 737 Max aircraft, The New York Times reports.*
· *The feature, called a disagree light, will.. Business Insider - Published
· *The United States Department of Justice (DOJ) has subpoenaed Boeing as part of a criminal investigation into the certification and marketing processes for the aerospace manufacturer's 737 Max.. Business Insider - Published
According to a report by Reuters, on Thursday, Indonesian investigators described the panic of pilots grappling with airspeed and altitude problems in the last moments of their doomed Lion Air flight,..
· *Federal investigators are looking into how Boeing's 737 Max plane was certified to fly. *
· *The FBI is also joining the Department of Transportation's inquiry, The Seattle Times.. Business Insider - Published
New information has emerged about the crash late last year of a Lion Air Boeing 737 Max 8 jet in Indonesia that suggests the flight crew was ill prepared to deal with a new flight control system. CBS 2 - Published Also reported by •CBS News
Investigators who listened to the voice recording from the Lion Air crash described the sounds in the cockpit as the crew fought to take control of the Boeing 737 Max 8. Seattle Times - Published Also reported by •NYTimes.com
The Lion Air Boeing 737 Max 8 that crashed in October 2018 had had multiple failures on previous flights. The day before its final takeoff, it malfunctioned again. An off-duty pilot told the crew how.. Seattle Times - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *Theresa May could cancel a 3rd vote on her Brexit deal. *A vote will happen only if the government is "confident" May's proposal will pass, according to Chancellor.. Business Insider - Published
The officials summoned reporters Thursday to clarify comments made at a news conference the day before, where some media reported the investigators had said the plane was not airworthy when it took.. USATODAY.com - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times
Black box data show Lion Air pilots struggled to maintain control of a Boeing jet as its automatic safety system repeatedly pushed the plane’s nose down, according to a draft of a preliminary report.. USATODAY.com - Published
The Lion Air jet that crashed into the Java Sea off Indonesia earlier this week had experienced problems with the sensors used to calculate altitude and speed on its previous flight, an issue that.. Seattle Times - Published