· Gavin Baker, managing partner and chief investment officer at Atreides Management, leans on past experience when building a framework designed to navigate the twists and turns of today's stock.. Business Insider - Published
Bond investor and DoubleLine Capital Chief Executive Jeffrey Gundlach said he believes the coronavirus selloff is not over yet and that the lows stocks hit in March will be surpassed in April due to.. Newsmax - Published
Here's what you need to know before the markets open.
1. *Warren Buffett could bail out airlines, hotels, and casinos as coronavirus ravages their revenues*. The billionaire investor is "circling.. Business Insider - Published
· *Stocks dropped on Wednesday as investors worried about the novel coronavirus outbreak in the US and a sharp slowdown in Asian manufacturing.*
· *President Donald Trump warned of a "very.. Business Insider - Published
· Two real estate investment funds have sued Royal Bank of Canada, alleging that it moved to "unlawfully seize" securities the funds had pledged as collateral for short-term loans known as repurchase.. Business Insider - Published
· David Kelly, chief global strategist for JPMorgan's asset management business, says stocks will do well even if the recovery from the recent market plunge is very slow.
· His optimism about stocks.. Business Insider - Published
· Goldman Sachs says companies with strong balance sheets are not only safe investments today, but also unexpectedly cheap.
· Companies with weaker balance sheets outperformed throughout the.. Business Insider - Published
Washington (AP) — The Federal Reserve announced late Wednesday that it will establish an emergency lending facility to help unclog a short-term credit market that has been disrupted by the viral.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· The tech industry's supply chain has been disrupted by the coronavirus crisis.
· Starting in January, tech production in China slowed down — first because of the Lunar New Year celebrations,.. Business Insider - Published
Here's the latest for Monday March 16th: Stocks plunge as White House sees recession risk; Millions holed up at home in the U.S.; EU mulls 30-day travel ban due to coronavirus; Conservation center.. USATODAY.com - Published
My Insider Inc. colleagues and I are now all working from home, and I expect many of you are too. I will admit that so far that it's been an adjustment. With that in mind, I want to start the.. Business Insider - Published
· *A new economic-growth estimate from JPMorgan projects that a recession will hit the US and European economies by July.*
· *The bank said its views of the coronavirus outbreak "have evolved.. Business Insider - Published
· *Oil is on track for its worst weekly performance since the financial crisis of 2008 amid a global price war between OPEC and its allies and market panic due to coronavirus. *
· *Brent.. Business Insider - Published
· *US stocks plunged on Thursday after President Trump's Wednesday coronavirus comments failed to calm investors' nerves, and as scant additional details were provided around a potential.. Business Insider - Published
· *The current level of US stocks offers an attractive entry point, meaning that longer-term investors should start buying, a team of Morgan Stanley strategists led by Michael Wilson wrote in a.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Federal Reserve Bank of New York announced trillions of dollars worth of new capital injections to calm Treasury bill liquidity issues and boost economic activity in the wake of coronavirus.. Business Insider - Published
· *President Donald Trump said Thursday that markets "are going to be just fine" amid a wild trading season spurred by investor worry over the coronavirus outbreak, CNBC reported.*
· *Stock.. Business Insider - Published
· *The escalating coronavirus outbreak in New York could prompt the New York Stock Exchange to close its trading floor.*
· *The NYSE's contingency plan would replace its human/electronic-broker.. Business Insider - Published
· Economist David Rosenberg says the plunge in oil prices will cause severe harm and could trigger a wave of defaults as energy companies — and then firms in other industries — fail to pay down.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) —
The sell-off bludgeoning financial markets around the world got even worse Thursday as the economic pain caused by the coronavirus became more painfully clear. Worries are rising.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Newsday •Seattle Times
· Global stocks plummeted after President Donald Trump imposed travel restrictions from several European countries.
· The European travel and leisure index was down nearly 10%, while US airline.. Business Insider - Published
· Global stocks and US stock market futures dropped late Wednesday with futures for the three major US indexes falling by more than 4.5%.
· The drop came after President Donald Trump announced.. Business Insider - Published
GENEVA (AP) — The World Health Organization declared Wednesday that the global coronavirus crisis is now a pandemic as U.S. stocks plunged into bear market territory and several American cities.. SeattlePI.com - Published
The Trump administration scrambled on Monday to assure Americans it was responding to a growing coronavirus outbreak as stock markets plunged and top health officials urged some people to avoid cruise.. Reuters - Published
Global stocks tumbled and investors sought cover in US government bonds after a crash in the price of oil rocked financial markets already reeling from the spiralling impact of coronavirus. bizjournals - Published
BEIJING (AP) — Asian stock markets plunged Monday after global oil prices nosedived on worries a global economy weakened by a virus outbreak might be awash in too much crude.
Tokyo's benchmark.. SeattlePI.com - Published