Autocar magazine 17 April - on sale now
This week: Our guide to Shanghai's big reveals, the new Range Rover Evoque meets its competitors and we help you buy a sub-£30,000 Aston
Could.. Autocar - Published
Automotive News reports Nissan CEO Hiroto Saikawa and the automaker's former chairman, Carlos Ghosn, considered bringing in a new partner for the alliance with Renault and Mitsubishi Motors last year..
French automaker Renault is looking to merge with Nissan Motor Company and then eventually Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, according to report from the Financial Times. According tot he report, the French..
Automotive News reports Nissan Motor Company is set to adopt a new governance structure aimed at preventing the pitfalls of concentrating power in the hands of a single executive. The arrest of former..
· The 2019 RAM 1500 is the truckmaker's all-new entry in the full-size pickup wars, taking on the mighty Ford F-150 and the Chevy Silverado.
· The RAM 1500 I reviewed came in a "Laramie Longhorn".. Business Insider - Published
· *Nomura Instinet has resumed coverage of Tesla with a $300 price target and neutral stock rating. *
· *Analyst Christopher Eberle says the company's opportunity is akin to Salesforce's disruption.. Business Insider - Published
· *Karl Wagner, Tesla's senior director of global security, has left the company, Wagner said in a LinkedIn post on Monday.*
· *"Elon Musk is a visionary and Tesla employees second only to the.. Business Insider - Published
· *Celebrity jeweler Ben Baller said Tesla canceled his meeting with CEO Elon Musk after Baller posted on social media after being locked in his Model X SUV.*
· *Baller described the.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Monday:
Boeing Co., down $17.41 to $374.52.
The company said it was cutting back production of its 737 Max plane, which has.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •MyNorthwest.com
· *Tesla fired "several dozen" sales employees on April 4.*
· *The cuts affected employees in Chicago; Brooklyn, New York; and Tampa, Florida.*
· *A Tesla representative confirmed the.. Business Insider - Published
Jeep has admitted the Wrangler and new Gladiator pickup can stuff parent automaker Fiat Chrysler Automobile's supercharged 6.2-liter Hellcat V-8 under the hood, but there's a rather large roadblock... MotorAuthority - Published
Well-heeled Alfa Romeo fans have the rare opportunity to pick up an 8C Competizione with only delivery miles. There's both an 8C coupe as well as a spider listed for sale by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles'.. MotorAuthority - Published
· *Fiat Chrysler is paying Tesla hundreds of millions to count its electric vehicles as part of its larger fleet, the Financial Times reported. *
· *The move will allow FCA to average Tesla's.. Business Insider - Published
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and Tesla have become unlikely bedfellows in circumventing European Union emissions violations because of a loophole in the regulations. FCA will pay Tesla for permission to.. MotorAuthority - Published
Environmental regulations can create strange bedfellows, it seems. The Financial Times has learned that Fiat Chrysler Automobiles will pay Tesla hundreds of millions of euros (specific numbers aren't.. engadget - Published
US automakers reported widespread sales declines in March as Americans continued to eschew passenger vehicles. Industry consultants JD Power and LMC Automotive predicted a 2.1% decline in US auto sales.. Proactive Investors - Published
DETROIT (AP) — A former labor leader in Detroit has pleaded guilty to conspiring to enrich himself and others by having Fiat Chrysler pay for meals, golf and other perks. Norwood Jewell was a vice.. Seattle Times - Published Also reported by •MyNorthwest.com
· The 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is a serious off-roading machine.
· But can the trail-warrior Rubicon handle everyday life?
· The answer is that the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon isn't interested in.. Business Insider - Published
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Wednesday:
Centene Corp., down $2.73 to $52.12.
The health insurer is paying more than $15 billion in cash and stock for.. SeattlePI.com - Published
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles earlier in the year rejected a merger offer made by PSA Group, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday. Citing people familiar with the matter, the newspaper reported that.. MotorAuthority - Published
· *French carmaker Renault is keen to restart its merger plans with Nissan, then buy another firm, the Financial Times reported. Fiat-Chrysler is "among the preferred targets." *
· *Renault and.. Business Insider - Published
There's growing speculation that France's PSA Group is, at the very least, open to the idea of a merger or acquisition of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. The heads of both automakers reportedly told.. MotorAuthority - Published
· *Workers at Tesla's auto plant spent twice as many days away from their jobs due to work-related injuries and illnesses, after adjusting for workforce growth, in 2018 than in 2017, Bloomberg.. Business Insider - Published
Midsized pickup trucks are making a comeback at American vehicle manufacturers. Ford idled its Ranger pickup truck for the past eight years, but it’s bringing back the Ranger this year. And Fiat.. bizjournals - Published
U.S. prosecutors in Detroit on Monday charged a former high-ranking United Auto Workers official in charge of the labor union's relations with Fiat Chrysler (FCA) of misusing funds for lavish purchases.. Reuters - Published Also reported by •SeattlePI.com •Seattle Times
UK's May says next vote is on Brexit delay
LONDON (AP) — British Prime Minister Theresa May says Parliament will vote Thursday on whether to seek a delay to Britain's March 29 departure.. SeattlePI.com - Published