In a world where thousands and thousands of startups are started in the Bay Area every year, becoming a name that everyone recognizes is no small feat. Theranos reached that summit, and it all came.. TechCrunch
· *Theranos, a blood-testing startup that claimed it would revolutionize healthcare by doing away with "big bad needles," crashed and burned after it was revealed that it lacked concrete science.*
·.. Business Insider
Theranos is going out with barely a whisper. Once heralded as a revolutionary new way to conduct a blood test to detect myriad diseases, all with a single finger prick, the company is making.. SFGate Also reported by •NPR
In 2014, blood-testing startup Theranos and its founder, Elizabeth Holmes, were on top of the world.
Back then, Theranos was a revolutionary idea thought up by a woman hailed as a genius who styled.. Business Insider
*Welcome to Finance Insider, Business Insider's summary of the top stories of the past 24 hours. Sign up here to get the best of Business Insider delivered direct to your inbox.*
*Goldman Sachs is.. Business Insider
Theranos Inc., the once high-flying company whose principals face federal fraud charges over its blood-testing technology, reportedly will shut down after paying unsecured creditors with its remaining.. bizjournals
· *Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes carefully crafted a persona in order to do what she believed was necessary to fit in the Silicon Valley scene.*
· *This persona included a Steve Jobs-esque.. Business Insider
· *The Wall Street Journal investigative reporter John Carreyrou knew from his first phone call with a Theranos insider that he had a great story.*
· *Comparing interview accounts and past coverage.. Business Insider
Theranos' star was shining bright going into 2015.
The darling blood-testing startup had racked up a $9 billion valuation with its big vision to test for a number of conditions off just a small.. Business Insider