- from 2009 college world - series... to 20-19 major league- world series... southern miss - alum brian dozier... is finally- a world series champion.- last night... dozier helped the- washington nationals- celebrate their first-ever worl- championship... by way of a 6-2- victory, over the houston - astros... in a winner-take-all- game 7.
- even though dozier's only - statistical contribution- was a walk, in a game 4 loss...- the former golden eagle was ver- much a part of the 25-man world- series roster... in terms of- veteran leadership.
- starting all the way back in- january... when dozier signed a- one-year, 9-million-dollar- contract... in the off-season - that- followed his 20-18 world series- appearance... with the los- angeles dodgers.- - "this trumps everything because- when you go to a world series - and you walk away from it, you- go that far and you're- not able to come away with a- trophy.
It stings a little bit.- but this one means so much to - me.
Obviously, started the year- here rather than getting traded- as you saw last year and- what we built here over the - course of a long year.
The- comradery in the club - - - - house and a bunch of brothers o- this team, it means a lot."
- washington's world series title- completes what was- perhaps the most bizarre fall - classic, in major league- baseball- history... with the road team - winning all seven games, for- the first time... in the histor- of american professional- sports.
- and that's after the nationals- started the regular season... - with