Top U.S. and Chinese trade negotiators met on Friday to wrap up a week of talks, says Reuters. If the two sides fail to reach a deal by midnight on March 1, their seven-month trade war could escalate...
EU ministers have begun debating when to start trade negotiations with the United States, aware that U.S. President Donald Trump may impose punitive tariffs on EU car imports if they wait too long. As..
(Reuters) - U.S. stocks were set to open lower on Thursday after disappointing economic data, while investors tracked U.S.-China trade talks amid signs that the two countries were tackling some of the..
Sources tell Reuters that the United States and China have started to outline commitments in principle on the stickiest issues in their trade dispute, marking the most significant progress yet toward..
According to Reuters, U.S. stocks opened lower on Tuesday after rallying strongly last week, as investors focused on the latest round of trade talks between the United States and China.
The Dow Jones..
By Jeff Mason and David Lawder WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Friday there was "a very good chance" the United States would strike a deal with China to end their trade.. Firstpost - Published Also reported by •Japan Today
By Rodrigo Campos NEW YORK (Reuters) - Stocks rose in major markets across the world on Friday on bets of progress in trade talks between China and the United States, while crude futures hit their.. Firstpost - Published
By Laila Kearney NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices touched their highest since mid-November on Friday and posted weekly gains for the second week in a row, boosted by hopes that U.S.-China trade talks.. Firstpost - Published
President Trump, citing progress in U.S.-China trade talks, said he is looking at extending a deadline to raise tariffs and hoping to meet next month with Chinese leader Xi Jinping to complete a broad.. Wall Street Journal - Published
By Laila Kearney NEW YORK (Reuters) - Oil prices reached their highest levels since mid-November on Friday, boosted by hopefulness that the United States and China would soon reach a trade deal, but.. Firstpost - Published
___ US and China resume trade talks as Trump's deadline nears WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration and Chinese negotiators have resumed high-level talks aimed at resolving a trade dispute that.. SeattlePI.com - Published
President Donald Trump says he will consider delaying a March 1 deadline to reach a trade deal before he would escalate his tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese imports. (Feb. 22)
USATODAY.com - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the U.S.-China trade talks in Washington (all times local): 3:20 p.m. President Donald Trump says he will consider delaying a March 2 deadline to reach a trade deal.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· *Market strategists and economists are advising clients on how to invest at a late stage in the economic cycle as recession concerns loom.*
· *Bank of America Merrill Lynch's latest survey of.. Business Insider - Published
According to Reuters, an official for the U.S. Chamber of Commerce said that despite the progress, it was unlikely to see a U.S.-China trade get finalised this week.
· Gaps do.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Stamps.com shares crashed more than 50% Friday after the company reported its quarterly earnings the prior evening.*
· *The California-based online mailing and shipping services company said it.. Business Insider - Published
Major equity indexes in the U.S. started the day modestly higher on Friday led by strong gains recorded in energy shares. As of writing, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4% on the day while.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • Stages a solid intraday bounce as investors looked past RBNZ's rate cut hint. • The positive momentum seemed rather unaffected by a modest USD uptick.*
The NZD/USD pair built on.. FXstreet.com - Published
After ending the previous session moderately lower, stocks are likely to move back to the upside in early trading on Friday. The major index futures are currently pointing to a higher open for the.. RTTNews - Published
Union Bank of Switzerland’s analysts note as per the recent trade negotiations between the US and China, they have tentatively agreed to keep the yuan stable.
“We see reasons why.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Prices of the WTI climbs further north of the $57.00 mark.*
· *EIA reported US supplies rose by nearly 3.7 mb last week.*
· *Baker Hughes’ oil rig count next of relevance later in the.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • The pair showed some resilience below 200-hour SMA and regained positive traction on Friday, with bulls eyeing a move towards conquering the 111.00 mark amid US-China trade.. FXstreet.com - Published
Analysts at TD Securities note that the German IFO survey disappointed broadly to the downside, indicating that sentiment still has yet to recover.
“The current conditions index.. FXstreet.com - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *Kraft Heinz takes a $15 billion charge, reveals it has been subpoenaed by the SEC. *Kraft Heinz shares plunged 11% late Thursday after the food-products company.. Business Insider - Published
The mixed signals just keep on coming. Ahead of a planned meeting between US President Donald Trump and the Chinese vice premier Liu He markets have been relatively sanguine. US equities continue to.. Proactive Investors - Published
· *Chinese soybean demand is still low, causing a massive oversupply problem and a major headache for US soybean farmers.*
· *US soybean stocks have risen dramatically as the trade war takes its.. Business Insider - Published
· Stocks are likely to falter or drop no matter what happens in US-China trade talks, according to the director of global markets research for index developer FTSE Russell.
· Alec Young says.. Business Insider - Published
* • Australian government downplayed reports of a ban on the country’s coal by a Chinese port. • Upbeat comments by RBA’s Lowe/US-China trade optimism provided an additional boost... FXstreet.com - Published