As Christiane Cordero reports, college students are out of work with bars and restaurants closed but still have rent to pay. How Rep. Angie Craig is trying to help (2:24). WCCO 4 News At Noon — April..
Credit: CBS 4 WCCO Minnesota Duration: 02:24Published
The Corona Virus pandemic has changed the world.
Every day, we learn new information about the virus.
Spain reported more than 700 new coronavirus deaths, surpassing the total number of fatalities in..
A second stimulus package India is poised to announce in coming days will be worth around Rs 1 lakh crore ($13 billion) and focus on help for small and medium businesses weathering the coronavirus.. IndiaTimes - Published
· Some startups may get loans from the $350 billion Small Business Administration program created by the new stimulus package.
· Late last week and over the weekend, the SBA and Treasury.. Business Insider - Published
Cardi B and Fashion Nova are stepping up with a stimulus package of their own -- giving away $1,000 PER HOUR to families struggling through the pandemic. Cardi announced Wednesday she and the fashion.. TMZ.com - Published
· *A Small Business Administration official was recorded chastising big banks, accusing them of purposefully slowing down a program to lend to small businesses hurt by the coronavirus. *
· *Joseph.. Business Insider - Published
· The consensus economist estimate is that 5 million Americans filed for unemployment insurance in the week ending April 3. The report will be released by the Labor Department on Thursday.
·.. Business Insider - Published
· United Airlines has been resetting its marketing and PR as it navigates through the coronavirus pandemic.
· The airline started back in February, pulling down a promotional campaign and cutting.. Business Insider - Published
· European stocks fell on Wednesday after eurozone ministers failed to reach an agreement on how best to weather the coronavirus storm.
· Japan's Nikkei climbed after the government announced a.. Business Insider - Published
· Former US Treasury Secretary Larry Summers is worried about the execution of the stimulus package which he says would be enormously difficult for the most competent of governments.
·.. Business Insider - Published
The CARES Act, a $2 trillion coronavirus economic stimulus package signed into law March 27, includes some of the most far-reaching benefits for gig economy workers and small businesses in U.S... Billboard.com - Published
*CLEVELAND, OH / ACCESSWIRE / April 7, 2020 / *Mace Security International, Inc. (OTCQX:MACE) (or "the company") today released information regarding the impact of the COVID-19 Health Emergency on its.. Accesswire - Published
· Spain is moving to establish a permanent basic income in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic for low-income citizens.
· Meanwhile, President Trump's administration is going to be handing out a.. Business Insider - Published
At the point when President Donald Trump signed the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act, into law, he started a $2 trillion stimulus package, the biggest emergency.. HNGN - Published
Online posts falsely claim that the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts donated $5 million to Democrats after it was allocated $25 million in the COVID-19 stimulus package. The center has not given.. FactCheck.org - Published
· Crisis public relations is seeing a windfall from the coronavirus pandemic as clients seek help communicating with remote workers, promoting their charitable efforts, and planning for a.. Business Insider - Published
· Japan will provide $1 trillion in aid relief to mitigate the economic fallout from the novel coronavirus.
· The Japanese government has declared a "state of emergency" in seven prefectures, but.. Business Insider - Published
Joe Biden was instrumental in getting the 2009 recovery act through Congress, then supervised the stimulus for the Obama administration. How might that experience shape how he would govern? NPR - Published
· *The Federal Reserve announced Monday it will begin buying debt backed by the Small Business Administration's Payroll Protection Program.*
· *The facility will create a new market for the SBA.. Business Insider - Published
The economic fallout from the coronavirus pandemic could be profound. Many people are already losing jobs, with unemployment jumping at a record pace. Even those who stay employed may face reduced.. SeattlePI.com - Published
· Business Insider asked 14 investment strategists and analysts to share one crucial metric, index, or signal they're closely tracking as the novel coronavirus throws markets and economies into.. Business Insider - Published
NetCents Technology Inc (CSE:NC) (OTCMKTS:NTTCF), the cryptocurrency payments specialist, has said it is ready and willing to help the US government to create a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) if.. Proactive Investors - Published
*JACKSON CENTER, PA / ACCESSWIRE / **April 6, 2020 */ Premier Biomedical, Inc. (OTCPINK:BIEI)* *announced a multi-faceted agreement to eliminate the Convertible Notes as an obligation of Premier,.. Accesswire - Published
TOKYO (AP) — Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said that he will declare a state of emergency for Tokyo and six other prefectures as early as Tuesday to bolster measures to fight the coronavirus.. SeattlePI.com - Published
I want to start this newsletter with an extract from an internal memo Citadel founder and hedge fund billionaire Ken Griffin recently sent to staff. Here goes:
In recent months, we have.. Business Insider - Published
· The $2 trillion stimulus package contained a substantial pot of money for bailouts of large corporations and businesses.
· But the cruise line industry will be left out since the largest companies.. Business Insider - Published
President Donald Trump said he would ask Congress for more relief money to support small businesses if the funds allocated under the $2.2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package run out. Newsmax - Published
According to U.S. Department of Transportation figures released Friday, the Port Authority of Allegheny County will be eligible for up to $141.75 million in federal reimbursements for expenses related.. bizjournals - Published
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Friday warned that there will be “glitches” in the roll-out of the massive stimulus package that went into effect last Friday to address the economic.. FOXNews.com - Published
The coronavirus outbreak has created both health and economic crises, prompting Congress to pass the Coronavirus Stimulus Package. It includes many good measures, but in the name of expediency, checks.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Under the stimulus, many Americans would receive $1,200 from the federal government to bolster their finances.*
· *The government has twice before sent checks to Americans who had filed tax.. Business Insider - Published
Former Vice President Joe Biden says the March unemployment report – which saw the nation’s jobless level rise to 4.4 percent – is more evidence that another economic stimulus package is needed.. FOXNews.com - Published
· RBC found that despite the coronavirus, investors in late March were the most bullish on stocks since a quarterly survey began in 2018.
· The respondents — majority of whom were institutional.. Business Insider - Published
· *The Bureau of Labor Statistics said nonfarm payrolls contracted by 701,000 in March as the coronavirus forced a widespread US economic shutdown.*
· That marked a sharp decline from the revised.. Business Insider - Published
· David Kelly, JPMorgan Asset Management's chief global strategist, says it makes sense to buy stocks at current prices. He points out that stock prices have dropped 25% in the past six weeks and will.. Business Insider - Published
As the largest federal stimulus package in the history of the United States, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act, injects a planned $2.2 trillion into the U.S. economy, fintech.. TechCrunch - Published
· Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman says it is important to realize that legislation around coronavirus is not a stimulus bill, it is mostly a disaster relief bill. He says it is good for the.. Business Insider - Published
· Property managers who list accommodations on Airbnb weren't overly impressed with the plan the company announced Monday to help them out.
· The $250 million fund the company set up to reimburse.. Business Insider - Published
· The Trump administration is mandating Americans on Social Security file a tax return to get a $1,200 check from the government under the new stimulus law.
· The move could shut out millions of.. Business Insider - Published