· *Mike Pompeo has urged allied countries to cut ties with Chinese phone giant Huawei while on his European tour on Monday.*
· *Speaking in Hungary, Pompeo said it makes it "more difficult" for the.. Business Insider - Published
Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou, who was arrested in Canada and faces possible extradition to the United States, is exploring a defense that claims U.S. charges against her are politically motivated, the.. Newsmax - Published
Remember a time before iPhones? It was likely last period of time where Nokia was a good stock pick. However, that trend has shifted according to Tematica Research CIO Chris Versace. As the trade war..
The US Justice Department charged Chinese tech giant Huawei with bank fraud and conspiring to steal trade secrets, and it's is not helping market sentiment. Asian markets closed with slight declines,..
According to Reuters, The U.S. Justice Department said on Tuesday that it will continue to pursue the extradition of Huawei Technologies chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou who was arrested in Canada..
FILE PHOTO: Lisa Duan, a visitor from China, holds a sign in support of Huawei outside of the B.C. Supreme Court bail hearing of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, who is being held on an extradition warrant in..
FILE PHOTO: Meng Wanzhou, Huawei Technologies Co Ltd's chief financial officer (CFO), is seen in this undated handout photo obtained by Reuters December 6, 2018. Huawei/Handout via REUTERS (Reuters) -..
Huawei's founder Ren Zhengfei on Tuesday rejected claims his company is used by the Chinese government to spy and said he missed his daughter, who is being held by Canadian authorities, the Financial..
Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei has broken years of silence to tell reporters that he misses his daughter Meng Wanzhou "very much" and to deny any wrongdoing by his company.. According to Business Insider,..
· *An Apple employee has been charged with stealing trade secrets from Apple's self-driving car division, Project Titan.*
· *According to a recently unsealed FBI charge document, Chinese national.. Business Insider - Published
· US and Chinese officials are meeting in Washington, DC, on Wednesday to continue trade talks with the goal of ending the trade war.
· The two sides have until March 1 to reach a trade deal — or.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US has requested the extradition of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou from Canada.*
· *Meng was arrested in Canada on December 1, and her case has rocked Canadian politics as well as relations with.. Business Insider - Published
· The US Department of Justice charged Chinese telecoms giant Huawei, its CFO, and two affiliates with bank and wire fraud, stealing trade secrets, and obstructing justice on Monday.
· It comes as.. Business Insider - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *The US indicts Huawei and its CFO. *The US on Monday charged the Chinese tech giant Huawei and its CFO, Meng Wanzhou, with bank and wire fraud.
2. *We may know.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Tuesday.
1. *The US called Huawei and CFO Meng Wanzhou national security threats, and indicted the company and exec on fraud and IP theft.. Business Insider - Published
· The Chinese electronics giant Huawei has been accused of offering bonuses to its employees for stealing confidential information from outside companies, according to an indictment issued to the.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US on Monday charged Chinese tech giant Huawei and its chief financial officer and two affiliates with bank and wire fraud to get around US sanctions on Iran in a crackdown on the company.. Business Insider - Published
The United States Justice Department today announced a series of criminal charges against Chinese smartphone maker Huawei for stealing trade secrets, bank fraud, wire fraud, and obstructing.. MacRumours.com - Published
It's only Monday, but the Department of Justice just came out swinging.
In a Jan. 28 afternoon press conference, law enforcement officials announced a series of charges against Chinese.. Mashable - Published
In a joint press event today, the U.S. Department of Justice revealed that it is pursuing criminal charges against Chinese mobile giant Huawei. Following a story from The Wall Street Journal earlier.. TechCrunch - Published
· *Justin Trudeau has fired Canada's ambassador to China John McCallum following comments he made about the arrest and potential extradition of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou.*
· *McCallum said last week.. Business Insider - Published
· *Canada arrested Meng Wanzhou, the CFO of Chinese telcom giant Huawei, last month at the request of US authorities.*
· *Beijing subsequently detained two Canadians and put another on death.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei warned of hard times ahead for the Chinese phone giant in an email to staff.*
· *He warned of job losses and said that the company would likely have to axe "mediocre.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei has broken years of silence to deny charges that his company spies on behalf of China.*
· *Huawei is the second-biggest smartphone maker after Samsung and also.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei has called Donald Trump a "great president" as he bids to end America's war with his company.*
· *In rare public comments, he praised Trump's tax cuts and said he wants to.. Business Insider - Published
· *A court in Dalian, China, sentenced a 36-year-old Canadian man to death on charges of international drug trafficking on Monday.*
· *Robert Lloyd Schellenberg was detained in China in 2014 and.. Business Insider - Published
· *China and Canada are feuding over the arrest and detention of Meng Wanzhou, the CFO of Chinese tech giant Huawei, in Canada in early December.*
· *Beijing detained two Canadians on vague.. Business Insider - Published
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — A Canadian court granted bail Tuesday to a top Chinese executive arrested at the United States' request in a case that has set off a diplomatic furor among the.. SFGate - Published
China confirmed authorities are holding a Canadian woman for working illegally in the country, the third Canadian that Beijing has acknowledged detaining since Canada’s arrest of Huawei’s CFO this.. Wall Street Journal - Published
· *President Donald Trump scored an outright victory in his ongoing trade spat when Chinese President Xi Jinping backed off his "Made in China 2025" push.*
· *"Made in China 2025" is a plan to make.. Business Insider - Published
· President Donald Trump wanted to use tariffs to help bring down the trade deficit with China.
· The US-China trade deficit hit a record high in the month of October.
· According to economists.. Business Insider - Published
· Huawei has been thrust into the news recently due to the arrest of one of its top executives, and the effect it could have on US-China relations and the ongoing trade war.
· But amid the scandal,.. Business Insider - Published
· Trump administration officials have been trying to treat the arrest of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou and the US-China trade talks as two separate issues.
· Trump undermined that argument on Tuesday by.. Business Insider - Published
· *Euro consolidates gains versus US dollar, remains in range. *
· *Key event ahead: ECB meeting on Thursday. *
The EUR/USD pair climbed to 1.1386, hitting a fresh daily high, boosted after.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Global stocks jumped Monday as the US and China offered a series of signs trade talks were off to a positive start.*
· *The S&P 500 shed 4.6% last week, the most since March.*
· *Watch the.. Business Insider - Published
A Canadian court granted bail Tuesday to a top Chinese executive arrested at the United States' request. Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou is accused of selling equipment to Iran. She must stay in or around.. USATODAY.com - Published
A Canadian court granted bail Tuesday to a top Chinese executive arrested at the United States' request. Meng Wanzhou, CFO of Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei, has to wear an ankle bracelet and.. USATODAY.com - Published
· *Risk assets rallied in Asia and may remain better bid in Europe on hopes of easing US-China trade tensions.*
· *Trump told Reuters he may intervene in Huawei CFO case if it helps trade.. FXstreet.com - Published