In August 2013, Huawei CFO Sabrina Meng Wanzhou faced a HSBC banker and did something countless other executives have done before – she gave a PowerPoint presentation. But according to the United.. Credit: S.China Morning Post - Published
· *President Donald Trump scored an outright victory in his ongoing trade spat when Chinese President Xi Jinping backed off his "Made in China 2025" push.*
· *"Made in China 2025" is a plan to make.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Canada's Foreign Ministry says another Canadian has gone missing in China, signaling the latest in growing tensions between the two nations since the arrest of a Chinese executive in Vancouver. Grace..
· President Donald Trump wanted to use tariffs to help bring down the trade deficit with China.
· The US-China trade deficit hit a record high in the month of October.
· According to economists.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Huawei has been thrust into the news recently due to the arrest of one of its top executives, and the effect it could have on US-China relations and the ongoing trade war.
· But amid the scandal,.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *We just got the first concrete sign that the trade truce between Trump and Xi is working. *China followed through on its promise to start buying US soybeans.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Trump administration officials have been trying to treat the arrest of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou and the US-China trade talks as two separate issues.
· Trump undermined that argument on Tuesday by.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Euro consolidates gains versus US dollar, remains in range. *
· *Key event ahead: ECB meeting on Thursday. *
The EUR/USD pair climbed to 1.1386, hitting a fresh daily high, boosted after.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Global stocks jumped Monday as the US and China offered a series of signs trade talks were off to a positive start.*
· *The S&P 500 shed 4.6% last week, the most since March.*
· *Watch the.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Wednesday.
1. *Google's chief executive Sundar Pichai made his first appearance before US Congress on Tuesday, with lawmakers grilling him.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
* • The prevalent USD bullish sentiment prompts some fresh selling. • Rebounding US bond yields exert additional downward pressure. • US-China trade optimism further dampens.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
A Canadian court granted bail Tuesday to a top Chinese executive arrested at the United States' request. Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou is accused of selling equipment to Iran. She must stay in or around.. Credit: USATODAY.com - Published
A Canadian court granted bail Tuesday to a top Chinese executive arrested at the United States' request. Meng Wanzhou, CFO of Chinese telecommunications giant Huawei, has to wear an ankle bracelet and.. Credit: USATODAY.com - Published
· *Risk assets rallied in Asia and may remain better bid in Europe on hopes of easing US-China trade tensions.*
· *Trump told Reuters he may intervene in Huawei CFO case if it helps trade.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *Asian desks are offering JPY, possibly in response to risk-on action in the equities.*
· *The AUD/JPY pair moved above 82.00 soon before press time and looks set to test the 200-hour moving.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *AUD/USD remains hampered at the 0.7200 key level.*
· *Aussie data continues to disappoint, primary AUD driver remains trade war flows.*
The AUD/USD paring is still trading around the 0.7200.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published
· *The US President Trump's comments on Huawei case and trade tensions with China are likely lifting CNH and other risky assets.*
· *The USD/CNH pair is currently trading well below the 200-hour MA.. Credit: FXstreet.com - Published