· *The US and Chinese phone giant Huawei are at each other's throats.*
· *America claims Huawei is used as a backdoor for the Chinese government to spy. Huawei denies this.*
· *The US has been.. Business Insider - Published
Here is what you need to know.
1. *Mueller finds no Trump collusion with Russia. *Robert Mueller's investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 US election "did not find that the Trump.. Business Insider - Published
VANCOUVER — Looks like someone is a bit of an Apple aficionado, unfortunately that someone is Huawei Chief Financial Officer Meng Wanzhou, who was busted last December in Vancouver on charges ranging..
The Canadian government cleared the way on Friday for extradition proceedings against the chief financial officer of Huawei Technologies who faces charges in the United States. Jane Lanhee Lee reports.
· *Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou was arrested carrying a whole bunch of Apple products, according to Bloomberg.*
· *Meng had an iPhone 7 Plus, MacBook Air, and iPad Pro, as well as a luxurious Huawei Mate.. Business Insider - Published Also reported by •Mashable
When Huawei CFO Wanzhou Meng was arrested in December, the one-time heir apparent to the Chinese communications equipment giant and current focus of a U.S. criminal case was carrying an iPhone 7 Plus,.. AppleInsider - Published
An extradition hearing for a senior executive of Chinese tech giant Huawei gets underway in Vancouver. The U.S. requested the extradition of Meng Wanzhou for violating U.S. sanction against Iran. NPR - Published
Huawei Technologies chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou filed a lawsuit against the Canadian government, police and border officials claiming her civil rights were violated when she was detained at.. FOXNews.com - Published
· *Huawei is planning to file a lawsuit against the US government for banning its federal agencies from using the Chinese firm's telecom equipment, The New York Times reports.*
· *A source told the.. Business Insider - Published
TORONTO (AP) — An executive of Chinese tech giant Huawei is suing the Canadian government, its border agency and the national police force, saying they detained, searched and interrogated her before.. Seattle Times - Published
Late last year, Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou was arrested in Vancouver, Canada over alleged violations of U.S. trade sanctions with Iran. This week, the Canadian government announced that it will allow for.. TechCrunch - Published
An internal investigation by HSBC Holdings PLC into Huawei Technologies' connections to a suspected front company in Iran found that the Chinese telecommunications equipment maker maintained close.. Newsmax - Published
· A bipartisan group of senators recommended the Departments of Homeland Security and Energy enact a ban on using Huawei products in the United States' energy infrastructure.
· As part of last.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei gave a rare interview to the BBC on Monday, declaring that there's "no way the US can crush us."*
· *Ren's daughter, Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, was arrested in Canada in.. Business Insider - Published
The founder of Chinese electronics giant Huawei said it doesn't need the U.S. to survive.
Ren Zhengfei spoke to the BBC in his first interview since the arrest of his daughter, Huawei CFO Wanzhou.. Mashable - Published
· *Mike Pompeo has urged allied countries to cut ties with Chinese phone giant Huawei while on his European tour on Monday.*
· *Speaking in Hungary, Pompeo said it makes it "more difficult" for the.. Business Insider - Published
Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou, who was arrested in Canada and faces possible extradition to the United States, is exploring a defense that claims U.S. charges against her are politically motivated, the.. Newsmax - Published
· *An Apple employee has been charged with stealing trade secrets from Apple's self-driving car division, Project Titan.*
· *According to a recently unsealed FBI charge document, Chinese national.. Business Insider - Published
· US and Chinese officials are meeting in Washington, DC, on Wednesday to continue trade talks with the goal of ending the trade war.
· The two sides have until March 1 to reach a trade deal — or.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US has requested the extradition of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou from Canada.*
· *Meng was arrested in Canada on December 1, and her case has rocked Canadian politics as well as relations with.. Business Insider - Published
· The US Department of Justice charged Chinese telecoms giant Huawei, its CFO, and two affiliates with bank and wire fraud, stealing trade secrets, and obstructing justice on Monday.
· It comes as.. Business Insider - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Tuesday.
1. *The US called Huawei and CFO Meng Wanzhou national security threats, and indicted the company and exec on fraud and IP theft.. Business Insider - Published
· The Chinese electronics giant Huawei has been accused of offering bonuses to its employees for stealing confidential information from outside companies, according to an indictment issued to the.. Business Insider - Published
· *The US on Monday charged Chinese tech giant Huawei and its chief financial officer and two affiliates with bank and wire fraud to get around US sanctions on Iran in a crackdown on the company.. Business Insider - Published
The United States Justice Department today announced a series of criminal charges against Chinese smartphone maker Huawei for stealing trade secrets, bank fraud, wire fraud, and obstructing.. MacRumours.com - Published
It's only Monday, but the Department of Justice just came out swinging.
In a Jan. 28 afternoon press conference, law enforcement officials announced a series of charges against Chinese.. Mashable - Published
In a joint press event today, the U.S. Department of Justice revealed that it is pursuing criminal charges against Chinese mobile giant Huawei. Following a story from The Wall Street Journal earlier.. TechCrunch - Published
· *Justin Trudeau has fired Canada's ambassador to China John McCallum following comments he made about the arrest and potential extradition of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou.*
· *McCallum said last week.. Business Insider - Published
· *Canada arrested Meng Wanzhou, the CFO of Chinese telcom giant Huawei, last month at the request of US authorities.*
· *Beijing subsequently detained two Canadians and put another on death.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei warned of hard times ahead for the Chinese phone giant in an email to staff.*
· *He warned of job losses and said that the company would likely have to axe "mediocre.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei has broken years of silence to deny charges that his company spies on behalf of China.*
· *Huawei is the second-biggest smartphone maker after Samsung and also.. Business Insider - Published
· *Huawei CEO Ren Zhengfei has called Donald Trump a "great president" as he bids to end America's war with his company.*
· *In rare public comments, he praised Trump's tax cuts and said he wants to.. Business Insider - Published
· *A court in Dalian, China, sentenced a 36-year-old Canadian man to death on charges of international drug trafficking on Monday.*
· *Robert Lloyd Schellenberg was detained in China in 2014 and.. Business Insider - Published