By Beatriz Rios
(EurActiv) — France wants to secure guarantees on environmental protection and access to public procurement markets before moving forward into new trade talks with the US,.. Eurasia Review - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump criticized European auto makers Friday, suggesting he could impose tariffs on imports from companies such as BMW and Mercedes unless they build more plants in.. SeattlePI.com - Published Also reported by •Seattle Times
BMW on Wednesday said it expected group pretax profit to fall by more than 10 percent in 2019 and announced a sweeping 12 billion euro ($13.6 bln) cost savings and efficiency plan to help offset higher..
Jim Cramer weighed in on whether or not tariffs are impacting American investors. "I think that tariffs are not hurting the American investor, yet," he said. "I think that if we took them up that next..
Britain will slash tariffs on a range of imports from outside the European Union. However, no import tariffs will apply to goods entering Northern Ireland across the Irish border under the Government's..
Credit: PA - Press Association STUDIO Duration: 01:10Published
· President Donald Trump has asked the conservative economic commentator Stephen Moore to join the Federal Reserve Board.
· This is a mistake.
· The Federal Reserve is supposed to make policy.. Business Insider - Published
· *Record flooding across the Midwest has damaged agricultural fields and killed livestock.*
· *Farmers will face hundreds of millions of dollars worth of damage, according to experts.*
· *That.. Business Insider - Published
U.S. President Donald Trump said trade negotiations with China were progressing and a final agreement "will probably happen," adding that his call for tariffs to remain on Chinese imported goods for.. Newsmax - Published
SINGAPORE (AP) — Shares fell in Europe on Friday after preliminary surveys showed that manufacturing in Germany, France and the wider eurozone had slowed in March. News that the European Union.. SeattlePI.com - Published
In an exclusive interview with Fox Business Network, U.S. President Donald Trump said that the trade deal with China was 'coming along' and would 'probably happen.' Commenting on the Fed's policy.. FXstreet.com - Published
Bert Colijn, senior economist at ING, notes that the Eurozone’s composite PMI declined from 51.9 to 51.3 in March, which gives little hope of growth recovery in the first quarter.
*Key.. FXstreet.com - Published
* • USD fails to capitalize on the overnight rebound and helps regain traction. • Dovish Fed outlook/renewed US-China trade tensions remained supportive.*
Gold quickly reversed an.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Gold has fallen from 1320 to a low o 1303 while DXY bounced from 95.84 to a high of 96.63.*
· *The rally in stocks is boosting US dollar demand.*
For a number of mixed reasons, the greenback.. FXstreet.com - Published
SCHLEPZIG, Germany (AP) — Bastian Heuser swirls the snifter of deep amber whiskey before taking a sip, noting its sweet caramel flavor that soon opens up with hints of spices, nuts and dried.. SeattlePI.com - Published
American whiskey exports slumped in the second half of 2018, taking a blow from higher duties by the country's trading partners following President Donald Trump's tariffs on steel and aluminum imports,.. Newsmax - Published
· *The Federal Reserve surprised markets by cutting its interest-rate forecast to zero hikes this year and just one in 2020.*
· *The US-China trade war appears set to linger after President.. Business Insider - Published
· *US President Donald Trump put further pressure on trade war talks with China after indicating that tariffs on goods wouldn't be immediately lifted in the event of a deal. *
· *Trump suggested.. Business Insider - Published
· *The index rebounds from lows near 95.70.*
· *Yields of the US 10-year reference gyrate around 2.52%.*
· *Philly Fed gauge, Claims next on tap on the docket.*
The greenback, in terms of the.. FXstreet.com - Published
US tariffs on Chinese goods could remain in place for a "substantial period" even beyond reaching of a trade deal to ensure that Beijing complies with any trade agreement, President Trump warned on.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The dovish Fed and the resulting slide in Treasury yields are boding well for the NZD. *
· *New Zealand GDP data released in early Asia, possibly added to the bid tone around the Kiwi.. FXstreet.com - Published
Jerome Powell, Chair of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, is now responding to questions from the press, with key quotes found below.
· Underlying economic fundamentals are.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *Stocks in the US fell Wednesday after President Donald Trump told reporters he could leave tariffs on Chinese goods for a "substantial period of time," and even if there was a trade deal with.. Business Insider - Published
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says if the U.S. gets a trade deal with China, tariffs could stay in place for some time to ensure Beijing “lives by the deal.” Trump said Wednesday the.. Seattle Times - Published
President Donald Trump said Wednesday he'll keep tariffs on China until he is sure Beijing is complying with any trade deal the two nations reach.Trump, speaking to reporters at the White House before.. Newsmax - Published
· *US and Chinese officials are set to meet for high level talks with hopes of securing a deal at the end of April after a difficult patch of negotiating. *
· *Tensions were raised after the US.. Business Insider - Published
BANGKOK (AP) — Shares were mixed in Asia on Wednesday ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy statement. Fresh news on China-U.S. trade talks raised spirits, helping Chinese benchmarks to trim early.. SeattlePI.com - Published
The news is crossing the wires via China Securities Journal that the world's second-largest economy may cut the amount of cash that banks have to hold as reserves in the second quarter ratio.
The.. FXstreet.com - Published
*Upbeat inventory report adds strength to the supply cut forces as prices are close to $60.*
*Official oil stock data from EIA and developments surrounding the US-China trade deal could offer fresh.. FXstreet.com - Published
· *The Dow Jones Industrial Average added 50 points, or 0.2%, to 25,964.*
· *The S&P 500 put on 7 points, or 0.3%, to 2,840. *
· *The Nasdaq Composite Index COMP climbed 32 points, or 0.4%, to.. FXstreet.com - Published
· JPMorgan highlights a "rolling bear market" in cross-asset volatility, which it says represents a series of major mispricings in the market.
· The firm finds that cross-asset price swings are more.. Business Insider - Published
· Mike Wilson, the chief US equity strategist at Morgan Stanley, has been calling for a corporate earnings recession all year.
· While stocks stayed resilient during the last S&P 500 earnings.. Business Insider - Published
· President Donald Trump attacked General Motors for idling a factory in Ohio, demanding that the carmaker reopen the plant.
· GM idled the plant because it was producing a slow-selling car and.. Business Insider - Published