by Stephanie Boyd -
It really hasn’t been a great year for Facebook, despite the fact that the social network has continued to maintain a general popularity with millions of people worldwide. .. Credit: One News Page Staff - Published
Facebook announced Friday that it had discovered a bug that allowed outsiders access to private photos, potentially affecting some 6.8 million people who use the service. “We have fixed the issue.. Credit: SFGate - Published
Facebook announced on Friday that the social network had exposed the private photos of millions of users without their permission. The company said a bug recently allowed third-party app developers to..
Facebook gave some companies, including Netflix and Airbnb, preferential access to user data in 2015 as it limited services for most others, according to company emails and presentations released by a..
Facebook announced on Friday that a software bug exposed the private photos of millions of users to app developers, marking the latest security issue in a year full of them for the social.. Credit: The Wrap - Published
· Facebook found a bug that gave 1,500 third-party apps access to the unposted Facebook photos of 6.8 million users.
· Unposted Facebook photos affected include pictures uploaded to Facebook.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Facebook hosted a pop-up in New York City's Bryant Park for one day only on December 13.
· The pop-up aimed to educate users on how to manage their privacy settings and change what sort of.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
From the [INS: Cambridge Analytica :INS] scandal to [INS: countless :INS] other [INS: privacy :INS] issues, 2018 hasn’t been such a banner year for Facebook when it comes to its users’ private.. Credit: Mashable - Published
· *Facebook threw its annual holiday party for employees last weekend.*
· *It was themed around a winter village, with attractions including chainsaw ice-sculpting, a "thumbs up tavern," and.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Facebook employees remain loyal to COO Sheryl Sandberg despite her involvement in scandals rocking the company.*
· *Workplace chat app Blind, a hotbed for tech workers, surveyed thousands of its.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Industry experts discuss the importance of social media to business and the challenges it presents compliance and ediscovery workflows
NEW YORK (PRWEB) December 11, 2018
Hanzo, a pioneer in.. Credit: PRWeb - Published
· *Tech stocks rose amid a general rebound in US equities with Facebook leading the rally. *
· *Asian markets, except Japan, rose despite the arrest of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou and trade war fears.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Facebook shareholders enjoyed a healthy stock price bump on Monday — something that stands out considering the social network’s rocky 2018 — after the company announced it would buy back $9.. Credit: The Wrap - Published
Google announced Monday it’s shutting down its ill-fated social networking site Google+ earlier than anticipated after another massive data leak hit millions of users.
The new bug “impacted.. Credit: The Wrap - Published
· From Facebook's Cambridge Analytica debacle to Google's sexual misconduct investigations, 2018 has been a year rocked by scandal in tech industry.
· *Here are the 18 biggest tech scandals that.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Guys, there's really no reason to get worked up about all of thisFacebook promises.
Following the release of 250 pages of internal Facebook emails and documents by UK lawmakers, everyone's.. Credit: Mashable - Published
· Facebook employees have been using burner phones so they're able to "talk s--t" about the company with their colleagues, BuzzFeed News reports.
· BuzzFeed's story details an atmosphere of distrust.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
As Facebook continues to face scrutiny over its privacy practices following the Cambridge Analytica debacle, ongoing investigations into the company are giving us a look at what kind of access Facebook.. Credit: engadget - Published
· *Mark Zuckerberg once suggested that developers pay something to the tune of $0.10 USD per year for access to a user's Facebook data. *
· *He made this suggestion in an internal e-mail, dated.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· Explosive documents show that in 2012 Facebook internally considered charging developers for access to its platform, which enables them to see and collect user data.
· In a public post, Facebook.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
· *Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg responded to the publication of internal company emails and documents by UK Parliament.*
· *The documents highlight how Facebook made early decisions.. Credit: Business Insider - Published
Just like our own Facebook profiles, Facebook's past activities keep coming back to haunt them.
The UK has released a 250 page document containing private emails from Facebook, including communiques.. Credit: Mashable - Published