· Instagram's two founders have sensationally quit Facebook.
· When Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger sold their company for $1 billion in 2012 to Facebook, they hadn't even worked out how to make.. Business Insider
· *Facebook is being sued by a former content moderator in a lawsuit seeking class action status.*
· *The moderator alleges she experienced PTSD because of her job and that Facebook failed to.. Business Insider
· Author Anand Giridharadas believes elite-led philanthropy fueled the rise of Donald Trump.
· In his new book, Giridharadas argues that Trump exposed the hypocrisy of wealthy philanthropists,.. Business Insider
Another day, another major tech company admitting data protection issues.
Twitter announced on Friday a “complex” bug allowed third-party developers to see the direct messages of up to several.. The Wrap
· *Facebook is planning to unveil its long-awaited video chat device "Portal" next week, Cheddar reports.*
· *"Portal" will reportedly function similarly to Amazon Echo, and cost between $300 and.. Business Insider
Facebook is apparently set to release its own video chat device, Portal, next week.
As reported by Cheddar, the device is Facebook's first foray into consumer tech outside of Oculus, and is similar.. Mashable
· *Exclusive: Instagram's new TV service, IGTV, recommended videos of what appeared to be child exploitation and genital mutilation, a Business Insider investigation has found.** *
· *BI monitored.. Business Insider
· Facebook has launched its new dating service, which was teased earlier this year and rolled out in beta to employees a few months later.
· For now, Facebook Dating is only available in Colombia,.. Business Insider
· *Mark Zuckerberg published a long Facebook post on Thursday entitled "Preparing for Elections", two months before the US midterm elections.*
· *Zuckerberg outlined the challenges Facebook faces in.. Business Insider
· *The amount of time people are spending on Facebook is dropping.*
· *Compared to a year ago, time spent on the social network has fallen by almost 7%, according to an analysis of new Nielsen.. Business Insider
Nike released a commercial starring Colin Kaepernick on Wednesday, following this week's announcement of a partnership between the two that prompted boycott threats as well as criticism from President.. Business Insider
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
*1. Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey was grilled by Congress for claims of anti-conservative bias he says just aren't true.* The.. Business Insider
· *Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey testified before Congress on Tuesday over election interference and allegations of anti-conservative bias.*
· *The tech executive has insisted his company is not.. Business Insider
A new study shows that 1/4 of Facebook app users have deleted it from their phone in the last year. The removal of the app follows the Cambridge Analytica data misuse scandal earlier this year.
For a majority of American users, Facebook is now in the doghouse.
A new study from Pew Research found that 74 percent of American users have taken one of three actions to change the way they.. Mashable
· *Facebook has had a year full of controversies over misinformation and the way it provides access to user data.*
· *A new study from Pew taken shortly after the Cambridge Analytica scandal found.. Business Insider