U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham said Friday the response by the United States to China detaining two Canadians in apparent retaliation for the arrest of a Chinese Huawei executive has not been strong enough. CP24 - Published Also reported by •FOXNews.com •Seattle Times
Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou, who was arrested in Canada and faces possible extradition to the United States, is exploring a defense that claims U.S. charges against her are politically motivated, the.. Newsmax - Published
Chinese-Australian writer and former Chinese diplomat Yang Hengjun has been detained in China, as Australia's Defence Minister arrives in Beijing for talks with senior Chinese officials. Jayson Albano..
According to a report by Reuters, Canada's ambassador to China said that a top executive from Huawei Technologies being held in Canada can make 'strong arguments' against her extradition to the United..
FILE PHOTO: Lisa Duan, a visitor from China, holds a sign in support of Huawei outside of the B.C. Supreme Court bail hearing of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou, who is being held on an extradition warrant in..
According to a report by CNN, on Friday, Poland's counterintelligence service confirmed that a Huawei executive has been arrested in Poland on charges of spying for China. Polish state media reportedly..
President Donald Trump is considering an executive order in the new year to declare a national emergency that would bar U.S. companies from using telecommunications equipment made by China's Huawei and..
· *With 28-days to go until the end of the Sino/US 90-day trade war truce that was agreed back on December 1. we are inundated with soundbites from the two-day meeting that took place in Washington.. FXstreet.com - Published
TORONTO (AP) — Chinese dissident artist Ai Weiwei says China’s arrests of two Canadians who have been detained in apparent retaliation for the arrest of a top Chinese Huawei executive is.. Seattle Times - Published
· *Justin Trudeau has fired Canada's ambassador to China John McCallum following comments he made about the arrest and potential extradition of Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou.*
· *McCallum said last week.. Business Insider - Published
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Canada’s ambassador to China says it would be “great” if the United States dropped its extradition request for Chinese Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou. John.. Seattle Times - Published
Canada’s chief envoy to China said he misspoke when commenting on the strong legal case Huawei Technologies’ chief financial officer had in fighting a potential extradition request from the U.S. Wall Street Journal - Published
TORONTO (AP) — Canada’s ambassador to China said Thursday he misspoke and regrets saying the extradition of a Chinese executive to the U.S. would not be a “happy outcome.” Ambassador John.. Seattle Times - Published
Good morning! This is the tech news you need to know this Thursday.
1. *Google confirmed it will appeal its recent $57 million fine for breaching Europe's strict new privacy rules.* Google said it.. Business Insider - Published
Canada’s ambassador to China has come under fire for seeming to offer a legal opinion that encouraged Meng Wanzhou, the senior Huawei executive ensnared in a global legal fight. NYTimes.com - Published
TORONTO (AP) — Canada’s ambassador to China says a top Chinese executive has a strong case to avoid extradition to the United States. Ambassador John McCallum told Chinese language media in.. Seattle Times - Published
A Canadian sentenced to death in China for drugs smuggling plans to appeal the verdict, which Chinese state media and officials are touting as a just display of judicial power. The sentence comes after.. Wall Street Journal - Published
A Chinese court ordered the death penalty for a Canadian national in the latest example of how ensnared Canada has become in a battle between the U.S. and Beijing over the detention of a Huawei.. Wall Street Journal - Published
Polish authorities detained and charged a local sales director of Huawei, a Chinese national, with conducting high-level espionage on behalf of China, amid widening global scrutiny of the technology.. Wall Street Journal - Published
· California police say a man was killed Wednesday in a highway crash after a truck driver fell asleep behind the wheel.
· A box truck involved in the crash was carrying "a very special load" for.. Business Insider - Published
· Huawei is back in the spotlight after another executive at the Chinese tech company was reportedly detained.
· The Huawei executive was arrested in Poland on suspicion of spying for the Chinese.. Business Insider - Published
Canadian officials have not identified the person being held, citing privacy rules. And they have not drawn a link between the detentions and the Dec. 1 arrest of Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou. NPR - Published